Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Got a Stampede, Have questions.

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2004, 01:31 AM
Nitrous SSC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a Stampede, Have questions.

Ok now how is everyone poping wheelies with these things? I have a 27T prostock motor in it that dyno'd more than the Stinger that was in it! and I'm using 8.4v Packs. Clutch is tight so it dosn't spin. Is it an ESC tuning problem? I have the ESC version. Also does anyone know how many turns the motors I stick in here can be with this ESC? Also can you run dual shocks on this like the E-maxx?

Also what are some good and easy upgrades other than ball bearings (ordered a set already) I plan on basicly beating the crap outa this thing at the park, a friends dirt track, and on the street.

Thanks.
Old 09-26-2004, 07:01 PM
worship_my_model98
My Feedback: (-1)

Default RE: Got a Stampede, Have questions.

first thing, what is the spur size, shock setting and other settings.
Old 09-29-2004, 09:52 PM
moparpede

First of all, if your using the Traxxas XL-1, get a new ESC. The XL-1 is a terrible esc. Get a good ESC. Sure they may be expensive but they're worth it. Also, go down on the pinion if you have to. And as worship_my_model98 siad, check your shocks. If they're soft then they're most likely absorbing the power of the acceleration and preventing you from doing wheelies. Hope this helps...

MoparPede
Old 09-30-2004, 01:10 PM
schmism

Ive got a good friend that has like a 9 turn. He cant KEEP the front end on the ground. He is in the process of making a hefty AL front skid/bumper to add some weight to the front end.

He has progressed to an 18 T, then 14T then 12T and now the 9. he has obously replaced the ESC. He had put off going to a 7 cell till just recently and he thinks thats one for the biggest improvements.