Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Stupid idler gear!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2004, 09:34 PM
dr_killer_uk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid idler gear!

I havn't been running my truck for the past 2 months, been so mad at the idler gear stripping for the 3rd time, i have a mach .26 thats whats stripping this poorly casted metal idler gear. I realy wanted forwards and revers so i spent alot getting all the parts in aluminum or steel to find out the crap idle gear would be the weak link and no one makes a hardend steel one. So i might as well go for the forwards only conversion, so if you lot out there could give me your views on the forward only conversion from RR i'd like to hear. All the good and all the bad stuff on it please.

Thanks
Jonny
Old 09-26-2004, 10:55 PM
psycooclimber

Default RE: Stupid idler gear!

bummer. ya i like reverse too. but if i put in a BB i may have to go FOC
Old 09-27-2004, 06:22 PM
AddictedtoRC

I run a mach 26 in my t maxx and i just bought the RRP hardened steel FOC conversion kit, its good quality and easy to install, reverse is nice but, everything works alot better with out it.
Old 10-22-2004, 12:57 PM
dr_killer_uk

Just found out you can get a hardend steel idler gear from untimate engineering but i'm happy with my FOC now so.