Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Keeping Revo Engine cool...

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 12:09 AM
rozzibandit
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keeping Revo Engine cool...

Is it neccerssary for me to cut a hole in the revo bodies front windshield to help cool the head, since their is a cut out in the back already? Also I didnt make sure the piston was in the bottom position when cooling during firtst couple tanks of break in, would that matter? I did follow the instructions to a t though. Thanks for any help
Old 09-27-2004, 04:02 AM
waterbug1999

Default RE: Keeping Revo Engine cool...

Im a newbie so dont know how much i can help... But i bought a new revo a few days back and after proper break in and the next day i was getting into the tuning because it was running hot like around 300 degrees. Ended up richening the high and low speed needles as well as turning up the idle speed around a turn or so (from factory settings) and even cut the front window out to help with cooling. It ran around 250 or so after that. Was still in the tunning stage when the rear differential blew out :-( So, when i get that fixed i will continue with the tuning. Good luck..
Old 09-27-2004, 10:20 AM
rozzibandit
My Feedback: (1)

OK, that worries me, rear diff blowing out so soon? What else is going to happen. This truck is to damn expensive for crap like that to be happening so soon. I am getting nervous about the purchase of this truck, i have read alot material on how easily the revo have broke, NOT GOOD
Old 09-27-2004, 04:02 PM
revobomb

Dont worry to much Rozzibandit

Ive put 1 1/2 gallons through my revo, and only snapped two arms, one time is was totally my fault I hit a mailbox post with my left front wheel almost shifting into second going prolly 30mph, nothing can help that. And then another Time I was at a track and had a freak thing where my back wheel caught the coping and it ripped my back arm. I have ran it pretty damn hard, had plenty of bad landings and catwheels end over ends and am very pleased with the toughness.
Old 09-27-2004, 07:50 PM
waterbug1999

Hopefully Traaxas will send me a new differential or something. I only went thrue a Quart of nitro.. Do you guys know if they make any heavier differential for the revo?
Old 09-27-2004, 08:01 PM
rfoot

It wouldn't hurt to make sure the diff is shimmed properly. I had to shim my front diff after only a few tanks. I run a tmaxx but the same rules apply whenever gear diffs are used. If the gap from the ring to the pinion is excessive then adding a shim or two would make it last much longer.
Old 09-28-2004, 02:44 AM
waterbug1999

Gotcha.. Makes since. Hey, I just moved up here from San Antonio... where abouts you live?
Old 09-28-2004, 10:32 AM
rfoot

Actually I'm in Cibolo. Been here a few years.
Old 09-28-2004, 09:14 PM
waterbug1999

Down 3009 right? We used to go that way to get to lake Mcqueeny.