Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

My REVO racing opinion...

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 11:35 AM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My REVO racing opinion...

I saw a number of REVOs on the track this weekend. It is an amazing truck, no doubt. I noticed the REVO could handle ANY other MT in the corners. It seemed that it's only weakness compared to others was a lack of low end power to take it out of turns and over the doubles/triples and tabletop. With drivers of about the same skill level, the REVO would take all truggies, and highly modified MT's into the turns and in the turns. The truggies would ALWAYS catch the REVO on the straights though by being able to clear the jumps with more low end power out of the turns. On the track they were running, it was tight and technical and never allowed the REVO to get speed into the jumps.

IMO, put a high torque/high hp .21 in that thing, lighten it a bit and it will be unstoppable. Literally. Maybe they just weren't geared right. They should have geared up to handle the tighter course. It is just AMAZING to see them in the turns... The suspension is soft, yet there is like 0 body roll. wow.

Another surprise, there was a TITAN out there holding it's own! I was surprised, but the driver had it setup well.
Old 10-04-2004, 03:56 PM
psycooclimber

Default RE: My REVO racing opinion...

is there a guestion here or is it all statement.
Old 10-04-2004, 05:43 PM
Dale Gribble

Just an observation.
Old 10-04-2004, 07:35 PM
psycooclimber

ok just making shure i did not miss anything
Old 10-04-2004, 10:46 PM
ThermalRD

I just recently had my Revo on the track. Its amazing. I thought i was gonna have to gear it for more torque, but i simply dont need to. Ya, i guess any big block has more torque, but it sure doesnt give them an advantage. I have no problems with triples, and the straights. Im right next to the big blocks, and my powerband is much smoother. The other MT's on my track were just being outdone by the Revo. The 8th scale buggies were a little harder to hang with.
Old 10-04-2004, 10:51 PM
oatmealman
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

rock on 1/8th scale buggies,i've been the owner of a hyper 7,it will rock pretty much any mt truck except the shumacher mi2,i hate you shumacher 70mph+with the schumacher mi2[:@]
Old 10-05-2004, 06:23 AM
bamaracer0

Hey thermal, how did the bow ties work out?

Glad to hear all this stuff about the revo holding its own, makes me wanna go race more.
Old 10-05-2004, 06:26 AM
frozen

I can't wait till I get my revo
Old 10-05-2004, 06:34 AM
neil.jb

ORIGINAL: oatmealman

rock on 1/8th scale buggies,i've been the owner of a hyper 7,it will rock pretty much any mt truck except the shumacher mi2,i hate you shumacher 70mph+with the schumacher mi2[:@]

i think you mean the menace

the mi2 is a battery touring car
Old 10-05-2004, 08:39 AM
Dale Gribble

I forgot to add, the track was a very tight and technical layout with literally just feet before the big jumps... All of the power had to be immediately available, or trucks couldn't get speed to clear the jumps... Shoot, even ST's had problems getting speed up in time. Only the 1/8 scale buggies, and conversions had enough umph to hit them in the short runs.
Old 10-05-2004, 09:42 AM
ThermalRD

The bow ties were awesome. The first time i had my Revo on the track it was stock with the exception of the P2 rockers. This last time i had some camber, some 35wt oil frnt/rr, and the 40 series bow ties. The truck was very responsive. I was amazed, and extremely pleased. I still have not found one single thing to complain about with this truck. I still want to try the Response tires, but the 40series bow ties are hooking up extremely well.

ORIGINAL: bamaracer0

Hey thermal, how did the bow ties work out?

Glad to hear all this stuff about the revo holding its own, makes me wanna go race more.
Old 10-05-2004, 09:46 AM
oatmealman
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: neil.jb

ORIGINAL: oatmealman

i think you mean the menace

the mi2 is a battery touring car

right sorry my hyper is dope and fast as hell
Old 10-05-2004, 08:32 PM
davechappelle

The bottom end issue can be resolved by lightening up the truck. This will give you the low end power you need without sacrificong fuel economy(most mains are 15 minutes; .21 revos are pitting every 5 minutes, and stock tevos are not pitting at all!). Get some standard t-maxx tires adn cut them to fit revo wheels, eliminate reverse, use a lithium battery pack, use a bumpstart and switch to all aluminum screws. You will knock off over a pund from the truck before even putting on any of the Traxxas hop ups.
Old 10-06-2004, 04:46 PM
RD Racing

ORIGINAL: davechappelle

The bottom end issue can be resolved by lightening up the truck. This will give you the low end power you need without sacrificong fuel economy(most mains are 15 minutes; .21 revos are pitting every 5 minutes, and stock tevos are not pitting at all!). Get some standard t-maxx tires adn cut them to fit revo wheels, eliminate reverse, use a lithium battery pack, use a bumpstart and switch to all aluminum screws. You will knock off over a pund from the truck before even putting on any of the Traxxas hop ups.
I am not sure where you come up with stock REVOs not pitting at all in a 15 minute main. There is no way possible, not even running super lean engine death mode.

There are several things you can do to make your REVO rev up faster. Removing the EZ start assembly, lots of engine drag from this little gem. Forward only conversion, there are a couple of different Do It Yourself methods out there. 40 Series Bowties, although they make the REVO very stable in rough track conditions, are almost 2 times as heavy as stock wheels with T Maxx Bowties glued on them.

Any other lightening mods like pushrods, steering rods, pins all contribute more to the unsprung weight loss value than they do to helping the 2.5R rev up faster.

My 2 cents.

Roy
Old 10-06-2004, 10:27 PM
elite
My Feedback: (2)

I think thermal checked and it seems that the bowties are the same weight as the stocks, I could be wrong. When I installed his set on my revo I noticed the difference right away, I was hooking up better, bottom line. The conditions of course dictate the true advantage, but at our track I could totally see the difference!