Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Revo stripped diff, Bashing opinion

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 11:06 PM
rozzibandit
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revo stripped diff, Bashing opinion

Well I got my stripped rear diff fixed in the Revo today, put 50k diff oil in rear 30 in front. Also shimmed the rear diff. It now works exceptionally well.

Took the revo out to the rock quarry today and beat the livin crap out of it with no problems whatsoever. My buddy with me had the .25 savage also with no damage. We were juming everything around, catching up to 15 ft. of air off of some crush run piles (stones). Many were landed but some crashed so hard I was convinved stuff was broke. To my delight not a thing wrong. The revo is an extremly durable truck !!! Considering I ran into a few rocks at full speed that knocked it so hard it was flipping above my head and smashed extremely hard a few times, with nothing wrong. Traxxas pulle dout all the stops in this baby. Plus it flat out walks all over the savage in speed, handling and jumping. The savage does climb steep high terrain much better than the revo unless the revo is haulin ace,
Going to post some vids tommorrow evening of the air and abuse that we put these trucks through at the quarry. <--- tears of joy. Finnaly a truck that I can run for more than a day of abuse and not have to wrench on it
Old 10-07-2004, 06:20 PM
waterbug1999

Default RE: Revo stripped diff, Bashing opinion

Glad to see you got yours up and runnin... I am sending my whole REVO to Traaxas. I blew out both Diffs. and they want to take a look at it. Hell, i havent jumped it or bash it yet at all. Just turned over in the street a few times and some back flips from to much throttle. Besides that it has been broke longer then it has been fixed. []
Old 10-07-2004, 09:11 PM
rozzibandit

That sucks man. Sorry to hear that. But yeah all my rear diff spider gears were stripped. Put new ones in and 50K diff oil, runs great now. Waiting sucks, I feel for you.
Old 10-07-2004, 09:29 PM
waterbug1999

Guess ill have to play with the real car for awhile..
Old 10-07-2004, 09:29 PM
oatmealman
Banned

is the revo a good truck i know you stated it but maybe you could pm with all the pros and cons
Old 10-07-2004, 11:09 PM
rozzibandit

Sorry guys, didn't make it out today but we are going in the morning tommorrow so I will have vids ready for tommorrow evening.
Old 10-08-2004, 08:27 AM
oatmealman
Banned

cool.and thanks for the pm