Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Red/Green Flash After Setting Optidrive(XS3)

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2004, 03:20 PM
elway358

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Red/Green Flash After Setting Optidrive(XS3)

Hey everyone, I've got a question about setting up my Radio with the Optidrive. I am usig a JR XS3 setup and installed the RX, Setup all my TX settings(servo dir,epa,rev,etc), and I turn em both on, hold down the button till it blinks twice, let it go. Hold full throttle and then when I get three blinks, I let it go. Then I have my blue light and a Red/Green intermittent flash. Whats up with that? Everything is turning, throttle brake, Rev working etc, but I have the intermittent Red/green flash.
Old 10-10-2004, 11:09 PM
rozzibandit
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Red/Green Flash After Setting Optidrive(XS3)

charge your reciever pack
Old 10-11-2004, 01:37 PM
elway358

Uhh yeah, forgot to mention that had been done. Also, stock servos still if that makes a difference. I have been looking at a couple threads on teh Traxxas board and it seems that there's a need for some type of different y harness deal when using the XS3 with stock servos and the Optidrive? I'm gettin ready to unhook this BS all togther!
Old 10-12-2004, 10:21 AM
rozzibandit
My Feedback: (1)

Sorry I can'y help. That is weird I was thinking about buying 1 of those radios too. Let me know what you figure out. Thanks
Old 10-15-2004, 11:13 AM
TEJ

Buy a "Y" harness and plug the throttle servo and the battery throught the Y ine the receiver. This should take care of the problem. I have the same setup. If you change the throttle servo to a JR servo, that opens another can of worms where you need to purchase a servo reversing harness to get things to operate properly. (Changing the servo mode from normal to reverse in the transmitter will not work).

Hope this helps,

Todd