Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Sirio .23 pipe/header question

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 11:56 AM
ratman572

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sirio .23 pipe/header question

I recently ordered the new Sirio .23 for my T-Maxx.

I have yet to pick it up from the HS, however, they told me that the engine comes with a motor
mount, and a header for the stock 2.5 pipe.

I had him read the instructions that came with the motor, and they only specify that the included header is for the stock t-maxx pipe.

Here is my problem, -I don't have the stock 2.5 pipe, -nor would I want to run an engine of this caliber with the stock 2.5 pipe. My question (to anyone who knows) is whether the included Sirio header will work with something like the RB 086 pipe without too much "hacking".

Or would buying a different header be the better way to go?

If so, which header/pipe would you guys recommend?

The reason I am posting this is because Sirio's website leaves a lot to be desired, and
basically tells me nothing.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-22-2004, 07:48 PM
fast86cutls
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Sirio .23 pipe/header question

A guy at our loca track is running the sirio .23, and has tried several pipes, believe it or not the best pipe (all tuning was done on the clock) was with the sirio big bore pipe that was designed for the sirio tx-18.
Old 10-22-2004, 09:25 PM
cendude

I used a header pipe from an XTM for my big block revo's and it works great!
Old 10-23-2004, 12:10 AM
ratman572

Cendude and fast86cutls,

Thank you both for the input.

Since the original post, some time has elapsed and I have since made a choice on my own regarding the pipe.

I chose the RB "86". Hopefully it will perform ok. I have always been willing to sacrifice some power if it means more reliability and stable tuning. Hopefully the motor likes this pipe.

For the record, the header that came with the Sirio .23 mated perfectly to the "86" with no mods.

The .23 was truly a "drop-in" installation with the exception of having to bend a custom pipe-hanger (which I would have had to do anyway because the pipe is long enough that it has to be kicked-out a little to clear the RX box). The easy-start 2 even fit with no issues. I had to be very careful setting the carb-offset due to the longer slide travel of the Sirio. The slide on the Sirio comes very close the the nut on the slipper clutch when at WOT, but it does clear, -barely.

Since the weather here in the Pacific NW has been uncooperative, I have yet to fire the motor and do the break-in. I'm a wuss and won't run in the rain, -at least not yet anyway!

I will let you guys know how it works out.

Thanks for the advice and help.