Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

novak HV update--- new proline 40 series--- new proline rims/hubs (justgot back from the hobby show)

Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

novak HV update--- new proline 40 series--- new proline rims/hubs (justgot back from the hobby show)

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2004, 08:09 PM
r00st

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default novak HV update--- new proline 40 series--- new proline rims/hubs (justgot back from the hobby show)

alright i just got back from the i-hobby expo in chicago (for those who went this year...i think it was kind of lame... 2/3 the size of last year, but good news (more like GREAT) is that the RCX show is coming in june!)

anyway... i talked with the guy at the novak boot hfor probably 20+ minutes about the new HV for the emaxx.... I asked if he had a a date, and he said no... but he did say that they are finally done testing the system itself (i guess they spent awhile testing 6/7 cells and he said it will probably only be rated for 12 total...kind of a bummer, but maybe you guys already knew that) And the most recent delay was heat sink testing to keep the whole unit cool. He said they are 99% done with the heatsink decision (going ot put some flat spots and tapped holes for a small fan which i think is an excellent idea, keeps me from having to mcgiver my own) and he said i should expect to see it out soon (with a bit of a nod/wink lol)

i also asked about traxxas/novak relations and the possibility of an HV powered E-revo and he said that the head guy from novak has spent quite awhile talking to somebody at traxxas (the names he mentioned i didnt know so i dont know what thier status in each company is) but he wouldnt comment on if in fact they were making another truck...

i also took a picture of it mounted in the emaxx they had for display with the HV system installed.

sorry for the poor pics...its a 1.3mp digi cam (like 3 years old, maybe santy clause will bring me an HV and a new digi cam )

and i havnt been following the whole HV system up until recently, so i dont know if there is more current information out (like a REAL release date...lol)

but hopefully its a powerful enough system (i have thier SS 5800 in my stampede and love it...and finally got to run my redone emaxx with stock/7 cells after not running an E for 9 months, and wasnt too happy with the power, as running the brushless all the time set a new benchmark for power)

heres another pic for those of you who dont know about the new proline 40 series tires.

and lastly, the new proline 1/8 scale wheel hubs/hex's/nuts for the maxx/savage etc etc.. they use prolines new wheels (they only had the velocity dish wheels with these, didnt say anything about the the other rims doing the same) and use a 17mm wrench/nut to secure the wheel.

half of the show was mini-monsters (all the tracks setup this year had 1/18 or similar sized monsters running) but ill leave this as enough pics for now (dont want to make it a long load for the 56k'rs)