Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Revo Tranny problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2004, 09:29 PM
real_graphics

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revo Tranny problems

I was out bashing my REVO over the weekend and toward the end of the session I started hearing a clicking. I then noticed that all the power was going to the front wheels. So on examination, I found that the rear wheels are spinning freely so I'm guessing I stripped a gear. Anyone else do this? Is it tough to change out? Any idea why it happened? I wasn't running it that hard (some jumping and high speed passes) I have the stock motor. Thanks for any help
Old 10-19-2004, 10:14 PM
bamaracer0

Default RE: Revo Tranny problems

I lost power to the rear wheels too, but it was because I broke half of the rear driveshaft. I'm gonna take a look at my rear diff and see if anything is messed up in there, because the locking part of a locking diff isnt there anymore.
Old 10-19-2004, 10:31 PM
dr_killer_uk

I'd be suprised if it was the diff they are very strong, i have yet to brake mine in my t-maxx and i run a .26. Probably the drive shaft so check that first.
Old 10-19-2004, 10:32 PM
rozzibandit
My Feedback: (1)

you stripped out your rear differential!! I did the same thing and so have many other people on here. I did mine from popping wheelies with my Revo. It is simple to change the gears inside the diff. Took me 20 minutes till it was back together and ready to go. Traxxas also replaced them for free for me since it was only the 12th tank.
Old 10-19-2004, 11:14 PM
Quiex

ive stripped my optidrive gear twice
Old 10-20-2004, 09:26 AM
rozzibandit

Opti Drive is crap!!!!! I have had nothing but directional shifting problems with it. So I locked the servo in forward and leave it that way. I am def putting in forward only conversion, plus it is a lil lighter. I used reverse probably 8 times before opti drive wasnt so optimum anymore.
[:'(]optidrive[:'(][:'(]
Old 10-20-2004, 09:40 AM
redheat8

Sounds like the diff. well need to be looked at, classic case of diff going south good thing is that it is very easy to repair might want to pick up an extra set for when the front ones go out , RED
Old 10-20-2004, 10:51 AM
R/C Madman

I don't understand why all of your diffs are going bad? I have owned a Maxx or Maxx's for 4 years plus and I have yet to smoke a stock diff? I ran the stock TRX Pro .15 for maybe 3 months before I went to a Big Block. I have had my fare share of tranny problems before I found the right fix but, no diff problems at all. My diffs are shimed now but, I ran them stock for 2 years before I did that. I beat the living $%#@ out of my Maxx's and?????[sm=confused.gif]
Old 10-21-2004, 01:30 AM
fhm101

Same here on the maxx diffs. I've worn out several, but never blown one up. Take a look at your slipper adjustment and try not to land jumps at WOT.
Old 10-21-2004, 08:48 AM
redheat8

I to have worn out diff. gears but never busted a gear, shimming like Madman was saying seems to take care of the wear problem that I was having, now those cheesy plastic axles are a hole different story RED