Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Glow Plug Wire

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2004, 06:13 PM
Spanky18

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glow Plug Wire

When I bought my T-Maxx, the glow plug wire never lit my glow plug, any suggestions on what to do or what could be wrong?
Old 10-22-2004, 06:16 PM
speedywheels

Default RE: Glow Plug Wire

make sure that the yellow lead is mounted to the engine, or thats it is not split.....thats what happend to me the yellow wire got cut by the spur gear
Old 10-22-2004, 06:17 PM
speedywheels

let us know what happens, also check the glow plug
Old 10-22-2004, 06:23 PM
Spanky18

can i take the tank off to check the yellow wire, i have fuel in the tank, thats the only way I can see to really check it
Old 10-22-2004, 06:47 PM
redheat8

This gonna sound crazy but is the battery to the EZ start fully charged , something else I replaced the wire and got a plug heater ,much better, RED
Old 10-22-2004, 10:30 PM
bamaracer0

I think I'm gonna ditch the EZ start and get a shaft-starter.

I would think you can take off the tank with fuel in it, but fuel shouldnt be in it while your storing it.
Old 10-22-2004, 11:45 PM
Spanky18

i checked all the wires, they are all fine, i dunno what it could be, should I contact traxxas on monday?
Old 10-22-2004, 11:51 PM
bamaracer0

That would be your best bet.
Old 10-23-2004, 09:30 PM
Spanky18

well i was tinkering with the truck tonight, and sprayed it down with wd-40, then i took off the wire, and spreaded it dry, used compressed air to clear all the excess wd-40 outta the wire, reattached it and the BEAST works like a charm, came to life.......

I dont see why everyone says that the savage is more of a basher, my friend just got a savage 25 earlier in the month, we went out driving today, we were hitting a 6 foot jump and maybe getting 10' of air or so, and well my friend had gone through a tank then just started his other fresh tank, the first time he hit the jump he landed on his lid, rolled it, and broke the front right a-arm and busted his body mounts, my truck is still running with nothing broken, and we were both landing hard on concrete and trees.
Old 10-24-2004, 08:13 AM
smitty4
My Feedback: (4)

lol thats good to hear cause i like them durable... not any of that cheap plastic crap...
Old 10-24-2004, 11:18 AM
Haulin bass

ahh in some cases plastic is better.Aluminum suspesion arms are useless imo.i would rather have a $6 plastic/nylon arm break than bend a $30 aluminum arm there both completely useless(only differnce is you can finish a race on a bent part).For the maxx the best opion is rpm nylon(replace for free).Also how did the guy break an arm on the savage there almost an inch thick i would think the bulk head braces or the hinge pins would go before the arms did.I have landed my savage on the roof many times(30 ft back flips wot in second gear anyone?)All i did was bend the rollbar.I even jumped the damned thing into a steel fence post it was a small jump but it hit right on the arm and all i got was a scratch on the arm(i did pop the turnbuckle off the ball wich will save your parts everytime)
Old 10-24-2004, 10:24 PM
casper36

My T-max wire did'nt last long,got damaged also when bent or spread apart the wire coiled recepticale caused resistance , Gradually even with A fully charged battery there was not enough power to light the plug. The voltage was being lost in the plug wire.The voltage was correct coming from the hand unit .
I switched to using A glowstarter with the Easy Start2 awhile back....Starts much better.
Old 10-26-2004, 08:25 PM
smitty4

so you can use a glow plug heater and use the easy starter??? that would help me alot....
Old 10-27-2004, 02:17 AM
Spanky18

yeh thats not a problem, don't think it hurts it at all
Old 10-27-2004, 08:10 AM
casper36

NOT A PROBLEM,JUST UNPLUG AND REMOVE THE GLOW PLUG lead WIRE from your Revo or T-Maxx to avoid shorting-out & damage in the future.Get yourself A Glow-Lighter.
The hand unit for the easy-start2 puts out 2 separate voltages, 7.2 volts to turn the engine over and 1.5 volts to light the glow-plug.
My damaged plug wire read .97 volts and the hand unit read 1.5 volts,so I was losing .8 volts

My T-Maxx has never started this good!!! If and when I get my new REVO ,I'm going to remove the glow wire right away and use A Glow-Lighter
Old 10-27-2004, 08:48 AM
redheat8

I suggested that you use a heater days ago and throw a full charge on the EZ, make sure that the heater has a full charge on it before you use it , RED
Old 10-27-2004, 05:36 PM
smitty4

this wont void the warranty on the revo will it?
Old 10-27-2004, 06:39 PM
redheat8

What warranty, RED