Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

**TRAXXAS SERVICE BULLETIN**

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 06:36 PM
bamaracer0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default **TRAXXAS SERVICE BULLETIN**

October 25, 2004

Some Traxxas customers have recently reported serious differential failures with their Traxxas Revo trucks. Our engineering team has investigated the failures and has determined that some Revos were built with defective differential output gears. The output gears were manufactured smaller than the engineering specifications. This causes the gear mesh inside the differential to be extremely loose, and results in premature differential failure. The spider gears are manufactured correctly; however, the incorrect internal mesh will likely cause them to fail along with the defective output gears. The ring and pinion gears are manufactured correctly and are not experiencing failures.

We are currently investigating to determine the exact number of trucks that have been produced with the defective differential output gears. Please bookmark this page and check back in 24 hours. We will be posting more information as soon as it becomes available.

Traxxas Support

http://www.traxxas.com/support/servi...rx_service.htm

20 bucks says I'm under it. []
Old 10-25-2004, 07:49 PM
fastcrash

Default RE: **TRAXXAS SERVICE BULLETIN**

arg! i havent experienced that, but i have gone through two one way bearings in my revo. and ive got less than a half a tank thru it.[:@]
Old 10-26-2004, 08:18 PM
smitty4
My Feedback: (4)

i hope im not under it.... probly not since i live near plano... well hopefully not
Old 10-27-2004, 05:48 AM
tristy

please dont say that i have it... i don't want to send my baby away or take it apart
Old 10-27-2004, 12:21 PM
binaryterror

You do realize you can clean out one way beaings using nitro cleaner or denatured alcohol!

ORIGINAL: fastcrash

arg! i havent experienced that, but i have gone through two one way bearings in my revo. and ive got less than a half a tank thru it.[:@]
Old 10-31-2004, 09:52 PM
waterbug1999

Happened to me on the 3rd day... Being fixed as we speak.
Old 10-31-2004, 10:05 PM
bamaracer0

When they say fail do they mean lock up or what?
Old 10-31-2004, 10:29 PM
waterbug1999

No, you just give it gas and it wont move... Well, barely anyway. Makes a "clicking"/"grinding" noise. Like two gears that are barely touching...

The rear went out first. Then, i swapped the front with the rear and it went out as well. But, TRAXXAS is fixing it. Im cool with it.
Old 11-01-2004, 11:06 AM
HardWired71

Had my revo only 5 days...rear diff blew. Bought replacment parts from a local hobby shop to get up and running as fast as possible, but Traxxas says that the parts I bought might be wrong also. They said they'll post a pic on their website of what the gears should look like and what they look like when bad.

Traxxas cust. support is excellent. No questions asked they are sending me front and rear diffs. Gotta love it!
Old 11-02-2004, 09:41 AM
HardWired71

Updated: October 28, 2004

We are continuing to monitor differential failures to determine exactly how many trucks may be affected. If you experience any problem with your Revo differentials, please contact customer support at 1-888-TRAXXAS. Please have your Revo serial number ready to give to the Traxxas support representative.

Updated: November 1, 2004

We are very close to isolating the affected number of trucks. We are happy to report that most of the trucks were diverted and will not find their way into customer's hands. A small number of affected trucks have been sold and are confirmed to be out in the field. Unfortunately all but a few of the replacement gears in our parts inventory were also manufactured incorrectly and pulled from the shelf. This has prevented us from delivering our usual level of immediate service for those affected trucks. Currently we are out of stock. We have new, correct replacement parts now in transit to Traxxas via the fastest possible shipping method. These parts will immediately go out to support those customers who have experienced a problem caused by the defective gears. Please continue checking this page for more information, including replacement part arrival times.

Traxxas Support
Old 11-02-2004, 10:29 AM
Nitro Rustler Racer

i thought traxxas never had problems with the diffs. maybe they had a problem with the rusty. i got the truck and the diff went out. oh well its a long time ago. TRAXXAS RULES THE RC WORLD