Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Carb Prob

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2004, 04:58 PM
smitty4
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carb Prob

well ive had problems with the revo ever since i broke it in.... so finally i called traxxas after about 15 minutes of trying to start it.... well they tell me to check the gas tank because they saw that i had that problem well i fixed the o-ring it was just out of place... so they tell me to take the fuel line off and try to see if the gas tank is getting pressure by priming it... well fuel is shooting out so they tell me to take the hsn all the way off and see if fuel is coming out... well it turns out it is only running over the side... so what do yal think my problem is??? i havent got to run the truck since sunday... because of all this mess... well traxxas is fixing it for free because it is there problem but i was just wondering if yal knew thx in advance
Old 10-30-2004, 12:07 AM
Dil

Default RE: Carb Prob

hi

well i had simillar problems with my t-maxx. anyway i was checking all my nuts in the engine one day and i found that the thread in the fuel inlet plug was totally worn out, you know the silver nuts which you have to tighten with a hex wrench, the one facing forward is the fuel inlet plug, anyway i was trying to tighten it but it would just turn in the same place and infact came out with my hex wrench and when i looked inside the tiny whole its thread the nut would tighten on was completely crumbled up into pieces. i still dont know why but i suggest changing your carb body
Old 10-30-2004, 12:08 AM
Dil

or your carb body might have cracked have a close look on the carb body and look for any cracks
Old 10-31-2004, 04:41 PM
smitty4
My Feedback: (4)

like i said traxxas is fixing it for free but im gonna check on the cracks... i havent did anything to it to make a crack... i havent even really got to bash with it
Old 11-02-2004, 08:27 AM
redheat8

My problem with the carb. is that it gets crap in it and clogs ever once in a while ,after cleaning it it works fine. RED
Old 11-02-2004, 10:37 AM
Nitro Rustler Racer

i had to replce a carb before,because it was cracked and not working right, it was a traxxas one too