Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

They sucked me back in!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 10:53 PM
69 GTO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default They sucked me back in!!!

Well i havent been on this site for quite awhile now, i sold all my trucks and pretty much got out of the whole R/C thing back over the winter. The whole time my subscription to R/C car action was still coming in the mail but i never even bothered to open the last 4 issues that came since i sold all my trucks & equipment. Then last week i was doing a bit of cleaning and as i was about to throw away a few issues of R/C car action i saw the mention of the Revo on the cover of one of them....having owned 3 maxxes i thought to myself "Revo?! whats that..then i made the mistake of reading the test of the Revo[X(] ...having been out of the hobby for the past year last week was the first time i heard of the Revo.

Long story short here i sit tonight looking over my brand new Revo and making plans for getting it race ready.....yupp, here just when i thought i was out, they sucked me back in! blast you Revo!

Anyway since i've been "out of the R/C loop" for the past year i just wanted to jump back on this site and say its good to be back and i like the new look to the site, and also ask if anyone knows how the aftermarket support if shaping up for the Revo? i noticed a decent amount of goodies for it at the shop tonight when i bought the truck but i'd like to know if anyone is making some choices for wheels&tires for this truck yet?
Old 10-26-2004, 07:37 AM
XSiVE

Default RE: They sucked me back in!!!

wo0! another Michigander! a bunch of us were just at DirtBurners last weekend.. they are having a points series. check out the less specific MT forum for more details
Old 10-26-2004, 08:10 AM
oatmealman
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

as for wheels and tires go some 40series dish rims and some 40 series bow ties
Old 10-26-2004, 08:55 AM
ThermalRD

Awesome! Another michigan racer! You still have time to get in on the points series at Dirt burners. You have to make 6 of the 8 races to be eligible for cash payout. The 2nd race is this coming sunday. The wheel and tire of choice seem to be 40 series bow ties. As soon as the Revo response tire comes out, that will be the hot tire. In the general MT forum you'll find a few threads regarding DB's points series and practice nights. Come out this week for a practice, and then race with us on sunday. We are getting a great group of guys together from this forum to race. Its really shaping up nice. Most of all, we have a great time! BT also took some video of us racing. Hope to see you racing at DB's this weekend!
Old 10-26-2004, 01:04 PM
69 GTO

I'll give the 40's a look thanks guys.

Didnt know there were a few other Mi guys on here that close to me, thats cool!. I would love to get into the Series at Dirtburners and i was just talking to a buddy today about the series, he just joined the 2wd stadium truck class. I'm not sure if i will be able to get to the track till next weekend though because i have a cometment this weekend, even if i'm not able to get into the series i would still be very interested in meeting you guys out there though.
I use to race my E-maxx in the T-maxx class out there back when it was Larrys performance RC's and i'm looking forward to getting back on the track...if not this weekend then for sure next weekend.[8D]
Old 10-26-2004, 03:05 PM
chetscc

I have been interested in heading out there but can not find the place. I have a bad address. Can Anyone help?
Old 10-26-2004, 04:22 PM
69 GTO

I havent been out there in close to a year so i cant remember the address off hand but if no one else helps ya then i'll get ahold of my buddy that i'm going to be going out there with later tonight and get the address for you.
Old 10-26-2004, 05:10 PM
elite
My Feedback: (2)

Dirt Burner Racing
3295 Haggerty Rd
Commerce Twp, MI 48390
248-926-1140

From your area I think you want to take 14 to 275 North.
(Youll be on 275 for id say 5-7 minutes or so, its not to far 6-7 miles or so)
Take 275N to M5 north (I think youll stay to your left to go M5 north)

Stay on M5 till it dead ends at Pontiac trail, you can either go left or right.
(Youll be on M5 for a few minutes, 3-4 miles or so)

Once you make a right into Pontiac Tr youll see a walmart on your left......keep going toll you hit Haggerty Rd, its less then a mile from M5.

Make a left on Haggerty, youll be heading North again.

Dirt Burners is on your left about a mile down on your left side...its sorta hidden, it comes up quick but its hard to miss. Its mixed in at the end of a more commercial strip so you know what to look for. There is boat shop on your left it you passed DB's....youll then know you went to far. If you go another 1/2 mile youll dead end. (golf course in front of you....again your 1/2 mile to far)

Id say from 14/275 it would take you 15-20 minutes....I know Thermal comes from Livonia, which isnt to far.
If any of this doesnt make sense, let me know....ill help you out.

Elite
Old 10-26-2004, 06:01 PM
chetscc

Thanks,

The direction seem to be understandable.

Give me some times and dates as to when people practice during the week. I have to plan around the family accordingly.

Thanks,

Brandon

By the way who is the tuning expert out there i need some training/tips.