Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

Things i should look out, after a crash in the engine

Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Things i should look out, after a crash in the engine

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 05:35 AM
Dil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Things i should look out, after a crash in the engine

hi guys

i just got a new t-maxx. after my break in and all that stuff, i had a damm bad crash head on into a wall, my front end was totaly bent. any way i completely changed my front end, though can anyone tell me if theres anything to look out in the engine that could have occured during the crash, damages and stuff like that. and wheather anything needs to be replaced in the engine
Old 10-27-2004, 05:44 AM
ZondaC12

Default RE: Things i should look out, after a crash in the engine

well as long as it still runs fine, and the engine didnt split apart/fly off the engine mount/etc it should be fine i think.
Old 10-27-2004, 06:49 AM
foreverNight

Make sure you didnt knock the engine loose. If you knocked it loose everytime you hit the throttle it will cause the engine to shift out of position causing the spur gear and clutch bell to bind. This will cause overheating and stalling. It happened too me and it took me weeks to figure out what was going on! My engine had loosened from the engine mount. I tightened it down with locktite and my problems disappeared.
Old 10-27-2004, 02:56 PM
tommythecat
My Feedback: (2)

like night said, check the engine mount to be sure it isn't cracked or loose. I cracked the one inside corner off of my engine moutn withot knowing it and it stripped my spur gear because the alignment was off.