Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Servo for Revo

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 12:42 AM
69 GTO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo for Revo

Thinking about ditching the dual servos in the Revo in favor of one hi-torque faster servos before i go racing next week. My previous trucks i have always used the hi tec 645MG servo but i'm wondering if there is a bit faster/stronger servo out there that is not a whole lot more expensice that that one?

BTW
I've tried the search feature for this because i know its had to have been asked before but it brings up topics that arent even close to what i'm tryin to find[sm=confused.gif]do i just need to refine my serch more or does this happen to everybody??
Old 11-01-2004, 08:01 AM
Ken448

Default RE: Servo for Revo

I use the HiTec HS 5645MG on my REVO it works very well.. Where are you racing?? If at DB's how is the turnout for MT's usually??
Old 11-01-2004, 01:36 PM
69 GTO

Thanks Ken

Yeah i'll be racing at DB's, from what thermal,tamiyakid and a few of the other guys that race out there have said it sounds like there is around 10 MT's or so racing on sundays.
I should be there this sunday, come on out if ya get a chance.
Old 11-01-2004, 03:40 PM
binaryterror

ORIGINAL: Ken448

I use the HiTec HS 5645MG on my REVO it works very well.. Where are you racing?? If at DB's how is the turnout for MT's usually??
Halloween weekend (Sunday) we got a group of 14-15 guys in the MT class, which is the biggest turn out yet, plus next weekend I'll be racing not just pitting and hopefully see another Mammoth owner show and maxxoverkill's Revo.
Old 11-01-2004, 03:53 PM
elite
My Feedback: (2)

I was considering going single as well.....but I was gonna get something with 180-200oz if I could find something reasonable. Stock you get 80x2 I think. I personally think the system is pretty quick but im all about shaving some more weight and if at all possible and at the same time getting some more oz to the fronts . Its not essential but I think a decent upgrade.....

Thermal has dual fronts upgraded...its fast, I know hes around 240oz up front....(I think)

Let me know if you get that setup, im considering it as well so id be interested to know how it works out.
Old 11-01-2004, 03:57 PM
binaryterror

Torque wise you could get away with probably 120-150 easy.

Steering you need a fairly fast servo as well...not lightning speed, but don't get anything over .15 reaction time if you plan to upgrade.