Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Mach .26 conv. kit for $150?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2004, 01:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mach .26 conv. kit for $150?

Jefx- I need an opinion, I want either a revo or a lst. My bro has a t-maxx but he is selling it so I have no t-maxx anymore. Now, I know you dont have a revo(i think) but can you give me your opinion which you like better. I bill mostly bash but occasionally race. I was leaning toward the lst but wanted an opinion.
Thanks
Old 12-31-2004, 02:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: nitroracer20

So, how powerful is the car. I bet it hauls. The lst probably weighs alot more than the t-maxx and with the same engine I cant imagine the power of the t-maxx now.
Have Fun

The Mach .26 puts out a claimed 2.75 ponies. It moves the LST (13 lbs) very well with constant wheelies. I don't have a good scale to weigh it, but I'm gonna take it to my LHS to get an accurate weight, just out of curiousity.

Unfortunately, the Tmaxx will be a shelf queen until spring. I don't like to break an engine in when it's cold out. I'll have to wait until the first 70 degree day which won't be for a few months.
Old 12-31-2004, 02:08 PM

ORIGINAL: nitroracer20

Jefx- I need an opinion, I want either a revo or a lst. My bro has a t-maxx but he is selling it so I have no t-maxx anymore. Now, I know you dont have a revo(i think) but can you give me your opinion which you like better. I bill mostly bash but occasionally race. I was leaning toward the lst but wanted an opinion.
Thanks

No I don't have a Revo. My LST has been a blast. I haven't even started my Tmaxx since I got the LST (that's why the Wasp is still like new). The LST is just an all around better bash truck than the Maxx (but that may have just changed) Over the time that I've owned the Tmaxx, I've spent 3 times the amount of money on it than I spent on the LST.

The Revo looks and sounds like a great truck, but I personally can't stand the TRX 2.5 engine. After my experience with several of them, I'll never own another small block monster truck.

I've never even driven a Revo though, so I can't really comment on how good it is.
Old 12-31-2004, 07:24 PM

Thanks, Money is tight for me, im a 14 year old kid who referees soccer for money(season is over which=no money), do you think I should save the money for the lst or buy the revo?
Thanks for all your help
Old 12-31-2004, 09:13 PM

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.a...&key=blinddude
Old 12-31-2004, 11:41 PM

Unfortunately, the Tmaxx will be a shelf queen until spring. I don't like to break an engine in when it's cold out. I'll have to wait until the first 70 degree day which won't be for a few months.

Jefx, I would be SO wanting to give it a test run, that I would be grabbing the .26 from my LST ( you know I have one as well and swapping it into the Maxx just to see how it goes in the smaller, lighter chassis, it's not much work to switch it back and still run the new mach in later when it's warmer out. Or you can send it to me, I'll run it in here is AUS [8D]
Old 01-01-2005, 07:05 PM

ORIGINAL: PeteOz

Jefx, I would be SO wanting to give it a test run, that I would be grabbing the .26 from my LST ( you know I have one as well and swapping it into the Maxx just to see how it goes in the smaller, lighter chassis, it's not much work to switch it back and still run the new mach in later when it's warmer out. Or you can send it to me, I'll run it in here is AUS [8D]

I have thought of exactly that. I might have to try it.

Blinddude, I read the thread in your link and then checked out the item on thEbay. How does he do it? How does he get then so cheap, sell them at $150, and still make any money? Are they stolen or something? Are they flawed?

My LHS guy told me that they were able to get them for that price from their distributor because of a pricing mistake. They were only able to order 6 at that price.

I just talked to my LHS today and they have 1 more in stock at $150! Some guy put his name on one, and said he'd pick it up yesterday, but never showed up. They said I could have it, so I'm gonna be there when they open the doors tomorrow and pick it up for my buddy's Tmaxx.
Old 01-01-2005, 09:54 PM

maybe stolen, I dont think they are flawed, unless you checked my other post about breaking it in.. IM A NOOB@THIS.
Old 01-01-2005, 11:44 PM

I took a couple of pics, here is my kit installed,, I too had the same problem with the radio box and muffler, I am going to drill some new holes and mount the rx box sideways. You can see in the photos how the muffler is resting against the rx box and not all the way mounted onto the engine.
I will post another pic after I remount the rx box sideways.

Old 01-02-2005, 01:07 PM

Woo Hoo!

I just picked up kit number 2 for $150!!!

It'll be going in my buddy's Tmaxx tomorrow!
Old 01-03-2005, 01:02 AM

that motor will destroy the supplied CVD's very quickly.......the dynamite kit suffers the same issues as the XTM kit.....great kit but terrible CVD's they snap like twigs, do not run a spool ever and be prepared to destroy dif's almost every run...power wise it will smoke anything but the most elite of the racing MT's.......it will make a Sirio 18 T-Maxx look as if its in reverse.......the diff cups fail easily as well as the screws shear off separating the crown from the cup, it will be a major problem....the Mach 26 is a gem but way too much power for the drivetrain, but fun as hell while it runs, which unfortunately wont be long, the cost to make a T-Maxx handle this motor is huge as nothing short of the unlimited diff assemblies will hold for any amount of time, expect major tranny issues as well as replacing the ultra weak CVD's
Old 01-03-2005, 01:55 AM

I ordered FLM bulk/diff. combos hoping that this will eliminate the gear seperating issue. I also ordered all metal gears from RRP for the tranny. I was unaware of the CVD's being wimpy, what CVD's are the strongest?

FLM also makes front and rear bulkheads that allow use of the 1/8 scale gears. So if I blow these diffs. out I will get the 1/8th diff gears and bulks.
Old 01-03-2005, 10:21 AM

Thankfully I already beefed all that stuff up.

I have the RRP steel FOC, RRP steel spur gear, Maximizer diffs with 3mm screws, and I already had a full set of MIP cvds.

My buddy's Tmaxx, on the other hand, has all stock diffs and gears. He's probably gonna be in for some repairs over time after installing this kit.
Old 01-03-2005, 09:23 PM

my buddy with a regular XTM 24/7 conversion is always blowing parts, the truck is stupid fast though....i have a well tuned Savage with a 24/7 pro and he's faster then me, the T-Maxx with its light weight just seems to love the big block power
Old 01-03-2005, 09:58 PM

What do you mean "he's always blowing parts"?

What parts are failing and how often? What kind of stuff does he do with it to make it break?
Old 01-04-2005, 12:29 PM

CVD's are always breaking, even the MIP's give up.......also stripped wheels, and also the tranny gears seem to break alot, though he is almost bullet proof now but he has spent a fortune to make it that way......but the truck is fast....you will have fun but be aware parts will break...no biggie, but dont expect massive power and great reliability as a T-Maxx can't offer that in most cases
Old 01-04-2005, 01:19 PM

The tranny gears that he is breaking; are they metal, or are they the stock plastic ones?

If they are metal, what brand are they? Also, does he still have reverse installed?

Where are the cvds breaking? Is the shaft just snapping? or are the pins just breaking?

Sorry for so many questions, I'm just curious as to what I'm in store for, and if I need to beef up anything else before I start running it.
Old 01-04-2005, 10:04 PM

I have the same kit you guys are talking about and have had nothing but luck with it .
all i have replaced are spur gears and trany gears but it was my fault for haveing the spur to tight the thing has way more power then evre needed for the maxx. but thas the fun of it rite? and buy the way i have put allmost a gallon of fule though it so its hoding up pritty good.
Old 01-04-2005, 11:54 PM

ORIGINAL: lt250r88

I have the same kit you guys are talking about and have had nothing but luck with it .
all i have replaced are spur gears and trany gears but it was my fault for haveing the spur to tight the thing has way more power then evre needed for the maxx. but thas the fun of it rite? and buy the way i have put allmost a gallon of fule though it so its hoding up pritty good.

Finaly something positive. Thank You.
Old 01-05-2005, 12:56 AM

ORIGINAL: lt250r88

all i have replaced are spur gears and trany gears but it was my fault for haveing the spur to tight the thing has way more power then evre needed for the maxx.
Sweet. I already have steel tranny gears and a steel spur, so I should be in pretty good shape[8D].

I planned on loosening the slipper a bit when I run it. All that power needs to be cushioned a little before it hits the drivetrain.