Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Receiver and Battery Box are stripped

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 06:47 PM
aznherb36

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Receiver and Battery Box are stripped

the receiver and battery box (stock) are stripped now. Today i was playin and I saw that the Receiver box only had 1 screw on the bottom and that the battery box only had 1 on the top. I guess I should upgrade to a alum. one. Does anyone konw of a place online where I can get a low cost one? I checked towerhobbies and they have em going for around $30.
Old 03-22-2005, 08:42 PM
tmaxx26power
My Feedback: (69)

Default RE: Receiver and Battery Box are stripped

Stock plastic replacement parts are very reasonably priced. Aluminum parts are very nice looking and durable however they add weight to your truck. The stock batt and receiver box do a good job protecting your electronics already so I dont feel there is no need to make your truck heavier in that department.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:33 PM
aznherb36

.hopefully it ownt strip again. I am bidding on ebay for both of them
Old 03-23-2005, 06:44 PM
hotchi1

just fill it with ca then thread the screw in and let it set for like 1 houtr then thread it on
Old 03-23-2005, 09:32 PM
Hummer Man

Or just do what I did... Drill the holes out so you can use just one screw and a nut on the other end... Problem solved!
Old 03-23-2005, 10:35 PM
aznherb36

Now THAT is reasonable!!! I'm ganna have to do that
Old 03-24-2005, 03:03 AM
tommythecat
My Feedback: (2)

Or you could just dump the battery box altogether and get a 5 cell pack that you can just strap wherever you want. Plus then you get all that extra torque for steering/braking.

Or you can try the CA glue or nut on the end fix. My one friend drilled out his stripped reciever box holes the whole way through, then ground a flat surface on top, and used epoxy to fit acorn nuts to the plastic. Then he used slightly longer machine screws to thread up into the acorn nuts. It ended up really solid and it looks really cool too.

Another option is jb weld, which can be used to fill the holes (with a syringe without a needle) then redrilled and either screw threaded or tapped if you have a tap set. JB Weld was like magic on my reciever box, I just filled the old stripped holes after drilling em out a bit bigger and cleaning em real good with denatured alcohol, then redrilled em and carefully threaded the screws back into the jb weld. It's actually stronger than the stock plastic was as far as resistance to stripping.

Old 03-24-2005, 03:20 AM
jakjr
My Feedback: (18)

Or you could just dump the battery box altogether
Yeah, Id get rid of the battery box, that sucker weighs about 2 ounces alone.

I just stuck some extreme velco (has to be the extreme all-wheather stuff, otherwise it will just come undone) on the chassis and on stock battery holder, then stuck the switch ontop of it.

Im going to do away with the receiver box too, I just need to get an antenna holder.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx76809.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	248318