Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Revo Suspension Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 10:53 AM
Afterburn1
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revo Suspension Thread

I wanted to start my own thread due to the fact that I have changed quite a few things on my REVO. First I changed the body roll pins to the lower slot, moved the push rods to the lower slot, put the long travel springs on the stock rockers. Changed the bump steer accordingly, and ran it. I was impressed at how well it handled but I flipped a few times at moderate speed while turning. I want to carry as much speed in and out of the corners as possible so I decided to change a few things. I put the long travel rockers on and switched to 100 wt shock oil. Ran some more, I am impressed with the way it handles again, this time I can carry more speed before i flip. The only thing about this setup is that the thing has one ****ed up stance. I stopped two or three times in one tank of gas because I thought that I had broke something. The higher wt oil was keeping the shocks from pushing everything back up. Still jumps great, just has a weird stance. Anyway, that's my run in with the suspension on the revo. Just thought I would put it out there for other owners to see. If I had a suggestion for bashers it would be the very first setup I ran, recreational racers, the second. Hardcore racers, dunno, let me know what works lmao.
Old 03-23-2005, 03:10 PM
bamaracer0

Default RE: Revo Suspension Thread

I have found my set up to work really well bashing around the house, and I will see how well it works at the local track. I think it will work very well.

Rockers-P2
Springs-Tans and Oranges(whichever is lighter is in the front)
Pushrods-Outer hole
Front roll center-top hole
Rear roll center-bottom hole
Shock oil-35wt. I may go to 30 in front or both, i dunno.
Preload-Driveshafts parallel with ground.

I really like this setup, it's soft, but is springy enough to rebound after a jump.
Old 03-23-2005, 03:24 PM
Afterburn1

I ran some more. I actually like the 100 wt oil A LOT. I did some cornering, you would not believe the way the truck dips down, digs in, and just pulls around the corner. A lot more stable also, before if the back tire on the inside came off the ground the truck was soon to follow, not now, I can ride it three wheeled around a corner and have blazin speed comin out.
Old 03-23-2005, 03:58 PM
fastcrash

i have been running on the street lately, and found this setting to work well. it is impossible to get the truck to flip with this setup.( with stock tires ) and if you a make sharp turn, immedeately into another sharp turn, it will flip, but that will happen to any truck.

1) p3 rockers
2) orange front springs
3) tan rear springs
4) 50 WT shock oil all around
5) 112mm p3 pushrods (outer hole)

P.S. for those who dont know, the stock revo comes from factory with different shock pistons in the front than in the rear. so if you have been modding your suspension, and now when you break heavy one rear tire lifts off the ground, or the truck turns, or spins, then you have got the shocks mixed.....chris
Old 03-23-2005, 04:14 PM
Afterburn1

didn't know that but I almost like it theat way lmao. I think it helps with my turning.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:39 PM
fastcrash

Old 03-26-2005, 01:26 AM
Afterburn1

Put the long travel rockers on. Like the setup even better lol.