Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

heard of "extra performance"fuel?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 12:16 AM
fryday

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default heard of "extra performance"fuel?

the local hobby shop owner said NOBODY uses traxxas fuel and he gave us this "xtra performance"fuel it has a sticker that says 25% sport then syn:75%
cas:25% oil content 20%
and would like to know the specs of traxxas fuel and why is there so much oil[:'(] out of the pipe using this "xtra performance"

the same hobby dude gave a buddy a different percentage one for a revo and one for t-maxx. what's the deal?
Old 03-25-2005, 12:20 AM
Afterburn1
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: heard of "extra performance"fuel?

dunno on the percentages. I use 20% nitro monster mix or whatever the hell it's called. my revo runs like a raped ape.
Old 03-25-2005, 12:56 AM
ratman572

Default RE: heard of "extra performance"fuel?

More oil content usually equates to less potential power.

It is always better to have a smaller amount of "high-grade" oil, than a large amount of mediocre oil.

I think the guy at your hobby store is probably opinionated against the traxxas fuel for some reason. Maybe it was a bad experience that got blamed on the fuel, -or more likely, someone's exaggerated story heard through the grapevine.

I always thought the traxxas fuel ran just fine.

I currently use trinity fuel, but wouldn't have any bones about using the traxxas fuel since it seemed to be good stuff.

Different fuel for a revo and t-maxx?? -You gotta be kidding me.

I'd be weary of anything else that guy might try and tell you.

Just my .02