Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

quick emaxx question about batt. and motor

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 06:31 AM
blueb8llz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quick emaxx question about batt. and motor

hi, is the batteries to the emaxx seperate for each motor or are they connected as one full power source? what im trying to say is ...since there are 2 motors and 2 batteries..is one battery supplying one motor ...or is it just 2 batteries for 2 motors.
im asking this becuase some ppl are telling me two 7 cells for the emaxx is fun but can fry the titans...so im thinking..what if i i put one 7 cell and the other a 6 cell...that should be ok. but if it s one battery to one motor...then i cant do this.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:27 AM
hotchi1

Default RE: quick emaxx question about batt. and motor

no the esc changes it from two battery souces into one. it basiclly has a v connector but it is inside esc case. and u can run the 15.6 voltss cause that betwewen the 7 cells and the 6 cells. that is what my friend has and it works perfect. just enough power to not fry stuff. just buy 2 fusion 7 cells and two fusin 6 cells that way u can charge them while u are runin the others
Old 03-28-2005, 03:47 PM
blueb8llz

can anyone second that, or does anyone disagree?? i just dont want to ruin things..just making sure hotchi.

thanks
Old 03-28-2005, 04:49 PM
tndiverdown

Yes, you can do that. The batteries are really in one big series loop although just by looking at the connections it doesn't appear that way..
Old 03-28-2005, 06:55 PM
fishycomics

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

mix and match no prefrence on it as it is a 14v system. As a clod buster owner I remember 2 6 cell batts, and a special pkg. I doubled the 2 six cells and ran it with the special pkg and doubled my speed and run time
so the same can be done to the mas dble the batts as a 6 or 7 cell. and run it in a series x 2 and you'll dble the run time but have to charge 4 batt's.
Old 03-29-2005, 03:33 PM
camra88

ORIGINAL: fishycomics

mix and match no prefrence on it as it is a 14v system. As a clod buster owner I remember 2 6 cell batts, and a special pkg. I doubled the 2 six cells and ran it with the special pkg and doubled my speed and run time
so the same can be done to the mas dble the batts as a 6 or 7 cell. and run it in a series x 2 and you'll dble the run time but have to charge 4 batt's.
you mean hook two battery packs of the same voltage to each other in parrellal, then plug that in to one of the connectors? then do the same for the other side? That will theoritically double your run time, but due to the weight being significantly more, you usually dont see that. It doesnt help your speed at all unless your controller and motors are pulling more amps then one pack of batteries can supply (nearly Impossible in RC brushed motors, and brushless motors as well).