Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

problem with steering but nothin big...

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 08:15 PM
crazzyforf1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problem with steering but nothin big...

I got a Futaba heavy duty steering servo two months ago, and today I got a horn for the servo. The LHS guy said it would work ( I bet he was right, I just need a lil' help ). ok so the servo works but when I connect the horn with the lil' rod it only turns the wheels a lil' bit, it's driving me crazy!!! so I might go back to my LHS and do it there so they can help me but I donno if it's me or what b/c it's like only turning a lil' bit, and nothing slipping that I can see.

If you can't rlly understand what the problem is thats fine just tell me and I'll try to go into more detail.

Thanx
Old 04-02-2005, 08:59 PM
Afterburn1
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: problem with steering but nothin big...

If the servo was already maxed out when you put the horn on you won't have the whole raneg of the servo. Make sure it is in the middle of it's rotation when you install the horn.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:48 PM
crazzyforf1

ok thanx alot
Old 04-03-2005, 09:10 AM
hotchi1

whatch the servo as it moves. does it go alot or does it just move alitle?revo or maxx? cause u should have a servo saver instead of just a horn
Old 04-03-2005, 01:01 PM
jakjr
My Feedback: (18)

Also, your travel will be affected by what hole in the saver/horn that you install the linkage in.

I you put it in the hole closest to the center of the servos output- shaft travel will be limited; if you put it in the hole farthest from the output shaft- you will get full travel.
Old 04-03-2005, 07:32 PM
BaSh_2_tHa_mAxX
My Feedback: (1)

Center your servo with the trims and then set your wheels dead straight. And do the above ^what jakjr said and then you should get full use of your new servo.