Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Traxxas radio problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 08:11 PM
Bullet67

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traxxas radio problem

Has anyone upgraded the radio and transmitter from the Traxxas to something else. I have installed a "Fail Safe" (venom) but still having problems, WIDE open and non-stop. I have been told the 645mg steering servo I have installed with the metal gears may be some of the problem.

Has anyone else had problem the the stock radio and transmitter, my fail safe works good close range ( turn the radio of and brakes apply, been told I have be getting some noise from the metal geared servo interfering) but I have had my T-Maxx run off 2 times now... once with the fail safe once without it.

***** HELP*****
Old 04-03-2005, 08:39 PM
jtemple42000

Default RE: Traxxas radio problem

I put a JR XS3 in my t-maxx. I had to switch out the servos to JR, but I love it the range is really good and the response is instant.
Old 04-03-2005, 09:17 PM
fastcrash

i just recently got the jr xs3 pro, have used it, but not much. i think im gunna be happy with it.
Old 04-03-2005, 10:15 PM
Bullet67

Who makes those radio's and are the FM or AM?
Old 04-03-2005, 10:17 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

JR makes them, and they're FM and synthesized.
$200-250 depending on dealer, but well worth the money.
Also, the failsafe is PROBABLY not set up right. you should try setting it up again before you drop 2 bills on a new radio.
Old 04-03-2005, 10:21 PM
Bullet67

The fail safe seemed simple...... If I turn the radio off while driving the truck it goes to an idle and applies the brakes. BUT, today it was about 150 feet away and never stopped, finally crossed the street full throttle and flipped over unhurt...luckly.
Old 04-03-2005, 10:33 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

So try setting it up again!
Old 04-04-2005, 08:20 AM
stilllost

150 feet? might have been more then that those traxxas radio wont get out that far, well not as far as a FM radio will. as far as the metal gear issue cause noise i seriosly doubt it. if there are problem some heli and plank guys are going to be pretty pi$$ed. try removing the fail safe. and check it. as far as range goes i'm running a Hitec Lynx 3-d and well let's say when the truck is out there i have to get some binoculars to see which way i'm pointing. i can easily stand at one end off the football feild/ track and drive around a 1/4 quarter mile track w/o problems. 150 feet is pretty far.
Old 04-04-2005, 09:17 AM
jbuck
My Feedback: (2)

I have upgraded to the xs3 and did the single dz8550 servo. Love the new radio lightyears ahead of the stock traxxas on. For me my son loved to play with the trim knobs so going to digital means the trim stays where it is suppose to.

Upgrading the radio is nice but not a requirement. Stock radio actually works fine on my revo
Old 04-04-2005, 01:25 PM
tommythecat
My Feedback: (2)

The stock traxxas AM should go way beyond 150 feet unless you have low batteries. I run mine out over a feild that is just shy of 200 yards and have never had any problems keeping a signal.

Have you double checked your batteries, if not, I highly reccomend you check em first, replace them with new alkalines and see if the problem clears up. I had a problem with my new failasfe, where it did the same thing, it would activate unexpectedly, it turned out to be one bad cell that flaking out causing it to activate because it thought my batteries were low. Finallly swapped out all of my batteries and the problem went away, then I went through the batteries trying each one out with the known-good set until I found the culprit (never trust rayovac renewal rechargable alkalines)

It could also be some constant source of interference. I cannot run my maxx at my father's house because there is something nearby that causes constant interference and my failsafe picks it up and applies the brake, I'm guessing it might be the AM radio tower that is about 1/8 mile away. Won't be a problem after my FM comes in this week. Do you have this problem everywhere you go, or is it only in one area?

Old 04-04-2005, 08:23 PM
Bullet67

It has happened 2 times now. I changed all the batteries but now I'm a little scared of it running off again. I'm going to find another place and see what happens.