Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Upgrade a REVO

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 09:19 PM
Afterburn1
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrade a REVO

Ok guys. I have to tear into my revo again. I beat the crap out of it again. I am looking for suggestions in the below listed areas. THE MAIN THING I am concerned with is durability and price. I could care less about performance as I have a VERY limited budget for the next couple of months but I am tired of having the same problems. Check back as I will be editing this post as I tear into the revo and find more problems.

Shocks/Oil
I bash, HARD. I need a setup that will NOT bottom out even if I take 30+ ft (height) jumps.

Header
I am going for as cheap as possible for this part but I DO NOT like the way the header bolts on. I would rather have something that is on with a spring or whatever. I have problems gettin the one screw tightened down all the way.

Head
I want an aftermarket head to keep my heat down.
Old 04-03-2005, 10:10 PM
Afterburn1

Default RE: Upgrade a REVO

Change that. I decided I want to upgrade as much as I can, so, lets say you have a small budget but want to upgrade as much as possible what would you do? I'm getting a OS .18 also.
Old 04-03-2005, 10:28 PM
RenegadeRevo

if you don't want bottoming out... definitely don't go with LT rockers. (they have extra travel past bottom)... get stiff springs... and high wt. oil.
Old 04-03-2005, 10:30 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

the long travel rockers are actually WORSE for bashing, you're more likely to smack the bottom on a hard landing.
get the longer pushrods, though, and make SURE you buy everything from Lunsford and RPM that you can.
also, 50wt/the stiffest springs and aluminum shock rod ends seem to be the hot setup for big air.
Old 04-04-2005, 09:09 AM
jbuck
My Feedback: (2)

I use p3 rockers the stiffest springs I could find and 70wt shock oil. and an os18tm engine. I cannot remember the last time I bottomed out. I usually go a honest 10'-20' in the air.
Old 04-04-2005, 10:15 AM
zimzalahbim
My Feedback: (8)

are you jumping your truck 30 vertical feet? if so, there wouldn't be a way to keep the thing from bottoming out, without breaking some other suspension component. think about what you are saying.
Old 04-04-2005, 10:19 AM
jbuck
My Feedback: (2)

I think it was an exageration. 30' is pretty flippen high. I have a nice bowl cut out almost like an ampitheater here that I can jump into it is about 10' high on the sides so it works out good.
Old 04-04-2005, 10:45 AM
stilllost
My Feedback: (3)

its cool every now then to watch someone jump that high but why? if yer going that high surely you have a enough time to set up for the landing. not unless yer trying to get as many flips in as posible. if yer trying for alot of flips get bigger tires.but you no what happen when you put bigger tires? need bigger ponies i think right now the hot items is the tm323 and some are getting the beast wasp .26.or what ever it is. me personally i would go with tm323 people are saying some good stuff about it
Old 04-04-2005, 08:25 PM
Afterburn1

30' vertical. I will get pics next time.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/Firs...2809939/tm.htm