Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

HELP, REVO Problem withtranny, diff, clutch????

Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

HELP, REVO Problem withtranny, diff, clutch????

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 04:03 AM
green-eclectus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP, REVO Problem withtranny, diff, clutch????

Have been puzzling my noggin over a fault that I have with my Revo. With no load my Revo spins all four wheels OK. Once placed on the ground, no movement.

Pulled apart the transmission, (FOC installed) no stripped gears. But remnants of some slight gear shredding. All seems to be meshed good.

Pulled apart the diffs, all OK. Re-filled with oil - 50K

Seems the driveshaft is OK.

IMPORTANT: when I move the vehicle in the forward motion without the engine or radio on, I can hear a clicking sound (very slight). Can not pick out exactly where its coming from.

I dont really understand exactly what I need to check on the slipper clutch?? Would I need to have a look at the clutch shoes at the flywheel? If so, what would I be looking for?

Any help would be GREAT!!

Dave
Old 01-25-2006, 04:12 AM
Haulin bass

Default RE: HELP, REVO Problem withtranny, diff, clutch????

well when You say it goes nowhere on the ground do you mean it revs but goes no where or completly bogs down and cannot move under its own power?
Old 01-25-2006, 06:34 AM
green-eclectus

It revs right out, but doesnt move. I lie, it moves a little, but only just.

As I rev it, I notice the clutch bell and spur spinning, but goes no further. As anyone would think Tranny for sure.............

As I mentioned, I pulled apart the tranny and no stripped gears, all seemed to be meshed OK????

Any ideas?

Dave
Old 01-25-2006, 07:38 AM
Airpressure

It sounds like the slipper is to loose, tighten it buy tightening the little nut that holds the spur on. Its that or maybe a gear in the transmission has cracked and is just sliding around one of the shafts.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:50 AM
Wevie

Also, check your wheels. If you have one wheel hex or hex pin missing or broke on one front wheel and one back wheel, you will have these symptoms. The engine will only power one driveshaft in front and back without spinning any tires.
Old 01-25-2006, 12:52 PM
Haulin bass

Rotate your spur gear and look right behind it do you still see three pads? If so stick an allen key in the hole at the end of the shaft coming out of the tranny and rotate the spur gear, does it slip along? if so tighthen the slipper nut slowly untill the spur gear barley moves when the shaft is locked.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:29 PM
green-eclectus

Cant believe I didnt notice. It seems though Ive lost one of the three pads behind the Spur at the slipper. How the f$#@ does this happen?!

I take it that that would mean my spur is loose and thus causing this problem. Do I have to take apart the entire slipper clutch assembly to install a new pad? When I do install new pads, would the slipper need to be re-adjusted?

Seems like a hell of a job. But I guess if I can pull apart both diffs front and rear in less than an hour Im sure I could do this. Plenty of practice makes perfect. When I do install new pads, would the slipper need to be re-adjusted?

Thanks for your help,
Dave
Old 01-26-2006, 04:00 AM
kidswift

Ive known quite a few REVOs to have this problem if you call TRAXXAS they will send you new pads for free. And yes you have to readjust the slipper
Old 01-31-2006, 09:07 PM
lelandlarsen

ORIGINAL: Haulin bass

well when You say it goes nowhere on the ground do you mean it revs but goes no where or completly bogs down and cannot move under its own power?
Great! I've been searching the forum and finally found a problem similar to mine. I'm having the same problem but its bogging down