Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

How do I combat servo glith

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 01:46 PM
bigroundrocks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I combat servo glith

I bought a Revo last night and put the battery's in it, turned it on and it has some crazy servo noise when i pull the trigger. Its just when i apply the gas and also when i shift in to reverse. Now I guess i can deal with the throtle glith its more noise then movement. But the tranny ya with that movin around i dont want to burn up the gears if the glithing gets worse. What can i do to fix this problem. Im thinkin about just buying a Spektrum DX3 but i'm not sure i just spent $600 last night. i guess whats another 250. Can anyone tell me if they have seen this radio cheaper. Also if i buy the Spektrum DX3 do i need to use digital servos?
Old 01-25-2006, 01:56 PM
RevoAddict

Default RE: How do I combat servo glith

about radios...go try ebay....they are selling JR SX3 for like $100 no lhs can beat that. that is synthesized and alot of features.

[link=http://valleynitro.net/portal/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=214&PN=1]check this article[/link]
Old 01-25-2006, 02:14 PM
bigroundrocks

do you know of anyway to combat the glith on the truck or do you think i should just buy a new radio set up
Old 01-25-2006, 02:33 PM
plaidfish

Does it do it only while it's (engine) running? if so Check for metal rubbing metal....tighten your screws and loc-tite em.....if not them check the battery pack....charge it up all the way.....if you still have that issue bring it back to the LHS and show them...that shouldn't be the norm.....it's not the best radio / servo gear but it should work for at least 1 hour of running anyway.....
Old 01-25-2006, 05:11 PM
clbphllps

My stock revo radio never glitched, I still bought an m11 anyway. The glitches are most likely due to metal on metal contact. More than anything check your reciever wire and make sure it's not catching on something. As for the Spektrum, I've heard it's not that good. Your best bet is a JR. Don't let a $40 stock radio kill your $600 investment. Get somehting better anyway.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:33 AM
lhntx

biground, i sent you a pm with a link to a good deal on the dx3, good luck
Old 01-26-2006, 04:27 PM
bigroundrocks

Hey thanks i'm going to call them tomarrow.

Old 01-26-2006, 04:43 PM
IGOTDIRT4U

actually, do you mean when the servo moves the servo is real noisy, or do you mean that with the tx and rx turned on the servos twitch and make noises like mice talking? the stock servos are pretty noisy, even the micro servo for reverse. them being noisy does not mean anything is wrong with them, as long as they are not very noticably twitching and making odd noises.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:34 PM
jupiter

noone else may like the DX3 radio, but I really like my Spektrum. As for servo noise, it happens. my new servos (the ones that came w/ the Spektrum radio) dont make as much noise tho. Like you said wat is another $250.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:57 PM
twgreen3

Mine did the same thing when I first took it out of the box. Mine was the Throttle return spring. The spring was so tight that the servo could not open the carb all of the way up. To fix it I manually actuated the throttle shaft without moving the servo. I Had to use the flat end of one of the wrench to do this because any other way hurt my fingers. It did fix the servo noise for the throttle. My reverse servo does not have this problem you may want to re-zero the servo and see if that helps. Good luck.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:13 AM
bigroundrocks

Yeah, I have mice talking so to say, also have a lot of twitch.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:14 AM
bigroundrocks

I'm goin to try the whole spring thing thanks for the tip
Old 01-27-2006, 10:44 AM
IGOTDIRT4U

if it is the throttle and brake servo then you are getting some glitching, i would try and see if a wire was bare somewhere, a loose plug maybe and try to isolate metal to metal contact on all your linkage. if it is the steering servos, then they are fighting each other and need to adjust the linake next to the servo horns.
Old 01-27-2006, 11:27 AM
nitroracer20

before you buy a new radio, buy a ferrit/feroid ring from your radio shack. We use them on the helis to help filter out glitches. You crap the servo wires through the ring a few times and hook them back up to the rx. Try it out, they are very cheap.
Good Luck
Old 01-27-2006, 03:13 PM
REVOlution-05

check also to see that your steering servo's are not fighting each other. I had that problem when I first got my revo. Had to remove one of the linkages and adjust the linkage. This seems to be a common problem from Traxxas as I've seen this problem on quite a few threads.