Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Venom Smart Temp Possessed My REVO!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 08:13 PM
JSRacer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Venom Smart Temp Possessed My REVO!

I installed the Venom Smart Temp tonight and everything was going fine (except for my high idle problem) and then all the sudden the truck's throttle pegged and it launched for the wall in my garage. I now have a hole in my drywall about the size of a Revo front end and I'm baffled by what happened. Good thing it ran into the wall with drywall and not the wall with plywood. I think the drywall gave enough to lessen the impact. Anyway, back to the Venom Smart Temp. After alittle investigation I discovered (while my truck was not running) that my servos were going crazy. The steering and throttle servos kept fluttering violently by themselves. So I unplugged the VST and everything was fine. I'm 99% sure everything was installed correctly. Did I have to reprogram my OptiDrive ESM? I did reset it afterwards but wonder now if it was that, or the VST possessing my truck. Now I'm gun shy on the VST. I've got alot to learn but it sure is interesting so far. :-)
Old 01-26-2006, 04:26 AM
les_222

Default RE: Venom Smart Temp Possessed My REVO!

hello there i had the same problem with my tmaxx with a venom failsfe. servo's going crazy..

I found out it was bare wire exposed in my reciever wire that caused thhe problems. I used nail polish over the wire and it fixed the problem....
Old 01-26-2006, 08:12 AM
beelzebubishere
My Feedback: (1)

The Venom Smart temp....is not my choice for a failsafe, too much "gltching." But installation with n OPTI Drive too.....accident witing to happen....at least it was in your garage.
Loose the Opti rive, and gt a straight failafe....venom, futaba....whoever, life will be better.

Stock servos also don't seem to like failsafes....ain't got a clue, as to why.....put a Venom F/S on my Nephews T-Maxxwith HS645mg's for steeing and throttle.....rock steady. Go figure.

In a nutshell.....the electronics is the worst part of ANY Traxxas vehicle.....it's best to ugrade as money allows.....

Come visit sometime http://nitroobsession.proboards79.com/index.cgi we always like to see visitors.
Old 01-26-2006, 10:34 AM
thestratcat
My Feedback: (12)

I had the same problem, after the second time I chased my t-maxx through a bean field, I got rid of the thing!! I tried it in another truck and the same thing happened, I will not try it again..