Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Forward only conversion?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 10:45 PM
ProfitOfDoom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forward only conversion?

Im gettign my maxx ready for the summer.Im gonna see how it goes once I get my new engine and stuff,BUt whats the deal with the FOC?
Im not sure I want this,since Im not strictly a racer,But whats the perks of having this.People say it makes the truck loose weight and makes it faster,BUt my truck is gonna be pretty heavy that lil bit isnt going to help me.Will you still have 2 speeds,and just loose reverse,or does it gear it all different and have 1 speed?
Also do they make new tranny cases just for forward only,or you just put the new thing in and take the other part out of your current tranny case?
Old 01-25-2006, 10:58 PM
LJ NITRO
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Forward only conversion?

you take out the reverse gears and put in a forward only gear and shaft. use the same case and a screw goes in the likage hole. FoC and you can say goodbye to the lurching when idleing. i never used reverse so i like it
Old 01-25-2006, 11:13 PM
DaveG55

I, on the other hand like having reverse. I did not like the jerkiness.
This (no buck/constant engagement mod) is what I did and it has been working great.
http://monster.traxxas.com/showthrea...hreadid=268460
Old 01-25-2006, 11:52 PM
jupiter

FOC=bigger/thicker gears so no broken teeth for me anyways. Reverse is over rated anyways. The actual wgt loss is minimal, but everyone is speaking of rotating wgt in the transmission. And yes it is more substantial wgt loss than u would expect. See I bought a Spektrum DX3 system for my Revo. The system doesn't allow you to go into reverse as easy as the original controller. And my transmission would sometimes just jump outta gear. I installed FOC and no more problem. Every little upgrade is gonna seem just that... insignificant, but everytime I have done a small upgrade I always noticed the difference. Hard to remember how slow my Revo used to be
Old 01-25-2006, 11:55 PM
LJ NITRO
My Feedback: (2)

lol yea, i misjudged the driveway curb, was gonna jump it, but overcorrected and hit the curb straght on. broke front bulkheads (front AND rear mounts of them) and front skid