Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Some .15 t-maxx engine replacement questions.

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 12:58 AM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some .15 t-maxx engine replacement questions.

Allright guys. I havent been on here in a pretty long while, and i havent really done much with my r/c's latley either, but if i get a job soon like i hope to, I want to fix my T-Maxx up a little and get it running so i can have some real fun with it. Basically its fine(all stock) other than it needs a motor, and some other small things(fuel tank, throttle linkage, etc). I have always heard awesome stuff about OS motors, and I think this is the motor I want to go with when i do this:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGGP8&P=7

I just wanted to run it by you guys and make sure that it is in fact the right motor for the .15
T-maxx, and that I will be happy with it. Im guessing this motor should make my t-maxx move out pretty good right? It says 1.3 hp which is over twice what the original had. I looked at the 2.5, but I like OS engines better, and even if it does have a little less power(should be about the same) i can live with it. So this motor will bolt right up, right? I have a stinger pipe/header that is on my .15. It will also work on this motor wont it? Will my electric start also work on it too, if i decide I want to put it on a little later? I really hope I get a job soon to pay diesel, and mainly just the stuff i need to get my t-maxx running. I have messed with 2 junk nitro motors with no luck, and im going to do it right when i do it this time, and buy a good new motor. I appreciate any help/suggestions guys, and if any of you have this motor let me know how you like it. It will probably be after the first months worth of paychecks before i buy a motor, but I will keep you all informed if I get the job. Thanks again

Eric
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db86169.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	395580  
Old 01-26-2006, 07:47 AM
DaveG55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Some .15 t-maxx engine replacement questions.

Yes, That's the motor that is a direct drop in for the Pro.15 T-Maxx.
Unless you just want the slide carb, that's what I'd do. You see, I put a 2.5r in a Pro.15 Maxx and it was a pita and more expensive too after I ended up getting all the extras that had to be bought to make the conversion. The OS CV-RX(s) would have been much easier and a more powerful motor.
No, the ez-start will not fit that OS engine. You'll have to use the pull start or get something like the Roto start or Tiger drive if you want a powered start system.
Another option might be the OS.18TM.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXHLW0&P=ML
It would require a few small mods (throttle bellcrank for sure) but would give even more power and it accepts the ez-start (you'ld have to get the ez-start off a 2.5r though).