Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

show me a pic of your fail safe in your reciver box

Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

show me a pic of your fail safe in your reciver box

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 12:50 AM
Indecline099

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default show me a pic of your fail safe in your reciver box

im tryin to figure out how to fit mine in, thanks
Old 01-29-2006, 02:52 AM
Grindinghalt

Default RE: show me a pic of your fail safe in your reciver box

FOC!!!!!![sm=RAINFRO.gif]
Old 01-29-2006, 02:55 AM
A.B.U

That was SUPER random, and had nothing to do with what he wants..
Old 01-29-2006, 02:58 AM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: AnotherBoringUsername

That was SUPER random, and had nothing to do with what he wants..
Actually, it has everything to do with what he wants... the best place to put a failsafe is where the OPTIdrive goes... FOC eliminates the need for the optidrive... therefore... FOC!!!!!! is a great answer. I would post pics, but I already have FOC installed... LOL
Old 01-29-2006, 02:59 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

in what, a Stampede, Maxx, Revo, TCP? TRX-1? what KIND of radio box?
Old 01-29-2006, 03:00 AM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

in what, a Stampede, Maxx, Revo, TCP? TRX-1? what KIND of radio box?
LOL... I guess that would help... I'm so tired... I just assumed he meant Revo.
Old 01-29-2006, 03:04 AM
A.B.U

He wants to know how to fit a failsafe in his truck..

Not how to do it with a FOC.
Old 01-29-2006, 03:05 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

ABU...the optidrive comes out with the FOC. therefore you have somewhere to PUT the failsafe
Old 01-29-2006, 03:06 AM
A.B.U

Dude.. he DOESNT HAVE A FOC. He doesnt even know how to hook up a failsafe!!! Chances are, he probably cant even take out his tranny..
Old 01-29-2006, 03:12 AM
RenegadeRevo

I thought you said you didn't mess around in the Traxxas forums? Since you don't know what you're talking about.. maybe you should sit down and read the posts a little more. The electronics box is FILLED with electronics. Since I am assuming we're talking about the Revo... that's what I'm going to go by... anyways... there is literally NO room for ANYTHING in the radio box other than the stock electronics. The easiest way to fit a failsafe into a Revo radio box is with the OPTIDRIVE removed... which requires FOC... The OPTIDRIVE doesn't act as a failsafe, however it monitors your battery... and you have a throttle return spring...
Old 01-29-2006, 03:18 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

More to the point, unless he has an aftermarket radio system with a smaller receiver (and since he's asking this question, it's safe to say he does NOT) there is ZERO room in the Revo's radio box for a failsafe.
Old 01-29-2006, 03:22 AM
A.B.U

Who says he HAS a REVO? 80% says he does

And REVOFAM. I didnt mean that. I mean I dont go to Traxxas forum goin "OH UHOH LOOKY LOOKY LST VIDEO WITH REVO BREAKING"

Or something.. And wth why cant you run without the opti drive?
Old 01-29-2006, 03:25 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

you can, easily. but the optidrive keeps a wayward thumb from flipping the truck into reverse and killing your transmission if you haven't done the FOC yet
Old 01-29-2006, 03:35 AM
A.B.U

... Hmm.. oh well.
Old 01-29-2006, 09:40 AM
beelzebubishere

Sorry, hate to dispute an issue, but the OPTIDRIVE is NOT required in a REVO, fact is, my REVO performs better without it. Just gotta be careful about shifting. Be sure the truck is stopped.
Without the Optidrive, you can also use the throttle trim, without worry of thowing the optidrive into convulsions either,,,,,the Venom F/S fits perfectly in the electrnics box, without the optidrive.
And before the question is asked, I've over 2 gallons of fuel thru my current REVO, still using revrse, but WTHOUT an Optidrive, and have helped 3 others make the same changes,,,all exceedngly happy,and none have stripped a reverse gear....2 of these trucks were on their second sets of reverse gears....BOTH stripped while going forward, at full throttle, WITH Optidrives hooked up....NO further problms WITHOUT the Opti's.....think about it....always looking for answers.... http://nitroobsession.proboards79.com/index.cgi

ORIGINAL: REVOFAMILY

I thought you said you didn't mess around in the Traxxas forums? Since you don't know what you're talking about.. maybe you should sit down and read the posts a little more. The electronics box is FILLED with electronics. Since I am assuming we're talking about the Revo... that's what I'm going to go by... anyways... there is literally NO room for ANYTHING in the radio box other than the stock electronics. The easiest way to fit a failsafe into a Revo radio box is with the OPTIDRIVE removed... which requires FOC... The OPTIDRIVE doesn't act as a failsafe, however it monitors your battery... and you have a throttle return spring...
Old 01-29-2006, 12:59 PM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: kliff

Sorry, hate to dispute an issue, but the OPTIDRIVE is NOT required in a REVO, fact is, my REVO performs better without it. Just gotta be careful about shifting. Be sure the truck is stopped.
Without the Optidrive, you can also use the throttle trim, without worry of thowing the optidrive into convulsions either,,,,,the Venom F/S fits perfectly in the electrnics box, without the optidrive.
And before the question is asked, I've over 2 gallons of fuel thru my current REVO, still using revrse, but WTHOUT an Optidrive, and have helped 3 others make the same changes,,,all exceedngly happy,and none have stripped a reverse gear....2 of these trucks were on their second sets of reverse gears....BOTH stripped while going forward, at full throttle, WITH Optidrives hooked up....NO further problms WITHOUT the Opti's.....think about it....always looking for answers.... http://nitroobsession.proboards79.com/index.cgi

What does the THROTTLE trim have anything to do with the 3rd channel that the reverse is on? That's like saying that changing the steering trim will greatly increase my throttle response... it has no bearing. You are correct, though... it is possible to run reverse without the optidrive... just don't have your thumb on the reverse trigger... 'cause if yer goin' 30... and hit reverse... bye bye transmission.
Old 01-29-2006, 01:04 PM
PrettyBoy Stuntz

i have the duratrax one and i still have my opti drive in stock reciever and everything in there and i got the lid closed perfectly so it can be done if you move some things around... simple answer
Old 01-29-2006, 02:55 PM
beelzebubishere

Check page 15 of your owners manual, on how to calibrate the Optidrive. It might be helpful.

And just so you will know, your throttle servo also operates thru the optidrive...which is also a simplisic failsafe. That is why I don't recommend rmoving the optidrive without the addition of an after maret failsafe.

ORIGINAL: kliff

What does the THROTTLE trim have anything to do with the 3rd channel that the reverse is on? That's like saying that changing the steering trim will greatly increase my throttle response... it has no bearing. You are correct, though... it is possible to run reverse without the optidrive... just don't have your thumb on the reverse trigger... 'cause if yer goin' 30... and hit reverse... bye bye transmission.
Old 01-29-2006, 03:47 PM
Indecline099

i didnt mean to cause a lil flamefest

yes i do have a revo

i dont want the FOC, and i dont know how to take apart the tranny (my first nitro truck)

i heard about fitting it on the outside of the reciver box but i really dont want to, id just like to know how to fit it in around all the wires
Old 01-29-2006, 04:09 PM
joebags

Well since no one wants to answer your question, I'll just tell you what I did but bear in mind that I am a newbie and I only have one tank through my engine.

I mounted mine to the back of the left steering servo with two small pieces of double sided tape. I am not sure how it will hold up when I start going through dirt but so far so good.
Old 01-29-2006, 05:13 PM
Grindinghalt

Oops!

Seeing now, that you do not desire to convert your Revo to forward only....

- Get the smallest failsafe you can find (I believe Futaba makes the smallest) ----> [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJDF8&P=ML]Failsafe[/link]

- Open your reciever box, and figure out how to stuff it in there...It doesn't really matter where it goes, and if you cant find space......make it. Stuff that sucker in there....Like Newman said... "Crinkle, Crush, Cram...You'll do fine."

Tod
Old 01-29-2006, 05:31 PM
traxxas thrasher

heres mine, i took out the optidrive and used some ca glue to attach a small piece of clear plastic over the opening
Old 01-29-2006, 05:36 PM
PrettyBoy Stuntz

like i said above but i guess you didnt read it through all the crap... i have the duratrax failsafe and still have my opti drive... i just cramed it in there take out the battery from the bottom and just move stuff around. my lid closes fine and all the wires come out of the stock slots
Old 01-29-2006, 06:49 PM
traxxas thrasher

thanks for being rude doode, but i am still the only one who actually posted a pic. and yes i had mine crammed intot he reciever box too but this is much nicer. next time i wont bother posting