Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

NEVER LET YOUR LITTLE BROTHER DRIVE YOUR REVO (*carnage inside)

Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

NEVER LET YOUR LITTLE BROTHER DRIVE YOUR REVO (*carnage inside)

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 06:31 PM
Indecline099

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEVER LET YOUR LITTLE BROTHER DRIVE YOUR REVO (*carnage inside)

OK...., well i was out driving my revo, it was the second day i had it, in a field by my house, and my brother came with me, i let him drive it around and i told him if you get near something hit the breaks, he was doing find for 5 mins, i turn aroound to get my temp gun, turn back around just in time to see him slam into a boulder sitting out in the middle of the field....[:@]

so heres what broke

axle carrier
top a arm
bent toe link
my bottom piviot ball popped out of the socket

how do i go about fixing, this stuff, removing the a arm and toe link, and how do i get the piviot ball back into the socket, also how much do you think it will cost to get all of the replacement parts
Old 01-29-2006, 06:37 PM
hxtour ben

Default RE: NEVER LET YOUR LITTLE BROTHER DRIVE YOUR REVO (*carnage inside)

it wont cost theat much, probably only 15-25 dollars. look at the manual that came with the revo that disects the entire truck and find the part numbers of the parts that you broke. Then go to towerhobbies.com and type in the part numbers in the search bar at the top. My little sister broke my revo, so I know how you feel!
Old 01-29-2006, 06:39 PM
coupe_20v

Ouch...

Take it out of his allowance!
Old 01-29-2006, 06:43 PM
TOCCHET_92

these kind of stories are the reason my trucks only have one driver...me.
Old 01-29-2006, 06:53 PM
Indecline099

i hear ya brother, no one will ever again touch my revo

do you think it will be hard to replace all of this stuff, ive never taken my revo apart before
Old 01-30-2006, 01:20 AM
thirdgen_87

Haha, I know how you feel. I got my Maxx and the tranny screwed up. Like 4 months later i finally got it back from traxxas and the day i got it back i was rippin it out in font of my house. Well I made the mistake of letting my bestfriend try it. Well this guy has never even tried a radioshack rc car before. So ends up he drives it right underneath WATER!!! like 4 inches over the roof of the car. Sucked big time. Had to get all new servos and it didnt run right forever.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:01 AM
beelzebubishere
My Feedback: (1)

Like what has been said, make a list of what you need using te parts drawings tha tcame with your REVO, and either order from the LHS or Tower. When all your parts are in, just sit down at a table and jump in. I know that sounds crude, but there is no way to get REVO repair experience, other than doing it. The Traxxas site as some good tutorials, this site has some knowledgeable people, and many others as well, http://nitroobsession.proboards79.com/index.cgi for example. Just take your time, and in most cases, try to replace one component at a time. One you've gained some expeience and confidence in your abilities, you'll find yourself pulling it apart just to cean....
ORIGINAL: Indecline099

i hear ya brother, no one will ever again touch my revo

do you think it will be hard to replace all of this stuff, ive never taken my revo apart before
Old 01-30-2006, 08:45 AM
4XADICT
My Feedback: (1)

Also , the pivot ball that poped out, I would replace the axle carrier, if you just put the pivot ball back in the socket it will pop out again easier than it did the first time.
Here is a good list of tutorials, http://www.traxxas.com/products/nitr..._resources.htm

Oh, and as for letting other people drive my RCs, I will always offer to let other people drive. After all thats how to get others into the hobby, and they can`t break it any worse than I can.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:21 AM
mbxrb75
My Feedback: (7)

I used to have a shirt that said NO YOU CANT DRIVE IT! I had it made for when I went to the park and other people asked me if they could drive my trucks.I might have to get a new one,since I lost the other one,there cheap to make..