Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

lets play a game

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 01:58 PM
REVO_RACER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default lets play a game

lets play a game it called how many first we need a person with a major big block(i mean a 26-32) then you try to name how many spur gears and diff ect. lets see how many we get right
Old 01-30-2006, 02:08 PM
oc off road

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: lets play a game

What?
Old 01-30-2006, 02:33 PM
REVO_RACER

how many gears they stripped how many turnbucks they broke ad so on
Old 01-30-2006, 02:35 PM
Deandome
My Feedback: (1)

Let me translate...I speak "teen-ese" pretty well!! God, I weep for the language skills of our youth...texting & e-mail are creating a new kind of "e"-bonics where people are gonna stop expressing themselves in complete sentences & never use proper punctuation. And who knows, they might start saying "gonna" rather than "going to"

He wants to know what kind of gear-eating problems people have had who've installed BIG-blocks in their Revos...both spur and diff gears (though I'm sure he wouldn't mind haring 'bout any tranny problems that people might have had).

Dean
Old 01-30-2006, 02:36 PM
D0G

I have a Big Block Picco .26 and I ran all Summer and most of the winter without Wrecking either of my Diffs, nor my Tranny. Although my Tranny is all Robinson Racing Gears. Come to think of it, I dont believe I broke any parts due to the Upgraded engine, unless of course you count the fact that I could crash into things alot faster..lol

I Stripped a clutchbell as well but that was due to engine mounting issues.
Anyhow, GREAT engine..
Old 01-30-2006, 02:43 PM
REVO_RACER

did u have to put a bb kit in it
Old 01-30-2006, 02:49 PM
D0G

Uhhh, to be honest I dont know. I bought it used, it had a Thunder Tiger .21 in it. When I put my Picco .26 in it I had to make some minor adjustments, it wasnt a drop in.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:22 PM
SlowDriver

ORIGINAL: Deandome

Let me translate...I speak "teen-ese" pretty well!! God, I weep for the language skills of our youth...texting & e-mail are creating a new kind of "e"-bonics where people are gonna stop expressing themselves in complete sentences & never use proper punctuation. And who knows, they might start saying "gonna" rather than "going to"
Cracks me up! I work at a high school. Man, it really is sad to see what's going through the school system today. He weeps for the youth ... well, I weep for the rest of us! When I was in school (I graduated in 1992) the teachers actually made us want to be in school. They were all fun and always found things to keep us interested. Many of today's teachers are just there to make their "buck" and really don't seem to care about what happens outside their classrooms. And a lot of the kids really would rather be elsewhere. They're always finding ways to cut class, and causing havoc all around. But, on the upside, it really is refreshing to see kids graduate with good GPAs and, years later, to see that they've really made it in life. Sorry, this was off topic, but what he said had an impact.

ReVo_BaShEr,
Please don't take offense to this, as that's not I'm intending. Just take it as a note for the future of mankind.

P.S. I do have a 45 year old friend who speaks in good English grammar and pronunciation. But he can't type worth a flip and, when emailing and messaging, looks pretty much like ReVo_BaShEr's writing.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:04 PM
revopqrs

my truck eats spur gears like cookies! i just broke a hardened steel spur the last time i ran it!! not stripped 1/8 of the gear broke off! ive got a couple really sharp edged cb laying around too! diff gears...well, not horrible maybe 10 in a year? lost first gear a couple times, and killed a couple close/standard ratio gear sets. no drive shafts!!! then just a bunch of other non drivetrain parts.
all in all, its a damn tough truck!
Old 01-30-2006, 10:33 PM
FANTOM27REVO

I smoked the back diff with the 2.5r in it. But that was my fault, landing under power after I barely stuck a backflip. Since I put the 27 in it, I toasted the front diff. Not right away, actually after I stretched my chassis and actually got the front end on the ground I blew up almost immediately. Never stripped a spur gear, got robinson racing hardened stuff . Basically a tough truck as stated earlier.