Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

T maxx fuel line lengths needed BAD

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 12:49 AM
brian97tj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T maxx fuel line lengths needed BAD

Hey guys I need to replace my fuel line that got all burnt. I am curious if anyone knows the exact length of both pieces. I am gonna need the tank to carb length and the exhaust to fuel tank length. I understand that if they are not the propper length you can have problems.

thanks a ton

Brian
Old 02-01-2006, 07:09 AM
DaveG55

Default RE: T maxx fuel line lengths needed BAD

Nah, if everything else is in good shape the line length does not matter all that much.
Make your line from the pipe to the tank long enough to reach but not be tight and not pull or rub against anything.
For the supply line to the carb. You can go a couple of ways here. Either run it like the preasure line, direct but not tight, just try to avoid getting too close to the head or any heat source. Or, you can run the supply line like the Revo and put a couple of 1" loops in the line and zip tie them to something. That will give you a longer run time if you flip upside down. The only downside to that is it can take a bit longer to prime.
Also, now would be a real good time to install a fuel filter, they're only about $5 and a good preventitive measure and they will increase upside down run time too.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:37 AM
ProfitOfDoom

Yea I agree.On my maxx I ran a direct line to the carb and when it fliped you ahd liek 10 seconds before it will cut off,Lets just not say im the fastest runner,I added a few more inches and it will run alot longer
Alos I dunno if anyone else does this"and yes I know it sounds funny",,,but before I try to crank it "I have pull start" I blow in the exaust pipe this moves the fuel through the line,it starts up every time within 2-3 pulls
Old 02-01-2006, 10:43 AM
murray.386

profitofdoom,

you can save yourself embarassing monents with your mouth on the exhaust if you just put your finger over the tip and give the pull start a few pulls. i run a pull start on my t-maxx and it works everytime. just thought i would throw that out there for ya. lol.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:09 AM
DaveG55

Or, rather than blowing into the pipe, pull the preasure line off the pipe and blow into that.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:27 PM
sly2136

hey guys keep in mind when you blow into the line or pipe your putting in moisture from your breath and thats not good with nitro my save you a little trouble down the road