Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

t-max or revo??????????

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 11:22 AM
cennx16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default t-max or revo??????????

my buddy just got a revo, and its awsome. I've been looking at the t-max for a while now, but havent even drove one yet. what is your opinion on this, should i go with the t-max or should i pay the extra and get the revo. or is there something else i should be looking at.I have gas planes and boats but never owned a nitro car/truck. I wont be racing that much with it, just playing around. any help would be great.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:42 AM
twgreen3

Default RE: t-max or revo??????????

I would go with the revo if you can afford it. I think it is tougher that the t-maxx at least out of the box. There is nothing wrong with the maxx though.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:01 PM
revodude503

The revo is better in every way. You can race it or bash. Whatever you want
Old 02-01-2006, 12:19 PM
sly2136

i can tell who owns a revo in this site lol if your gonna spend 5 bills on something get a losi lst its loaded good radio big motor the works get a revo need to upgrade radio motor etc.etc. you'll have a grand into it before you get what you want just remember these are all opinions I personally have some tmaxx's and i like them alot there tough as heck but once you figure the upgrades its kinda crazy money
Old 02-01-2006, 12:46 PM
WartedEmperor

Get the Revo. I have one and it is awsome.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:52 PM
Snipcod

Go with the revo. I have a revo and my buddy has a Maxx. He loves his maxx but he wants a revo BAD! now
Old 02-01-2006, 05:34 PM
revopqrs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yup, if the funds are there go for the revo. all the people that say you need to upgrade the radio are full of crap! sure its not a top of the line digital radio, but how many people really need that? sure i have it but its not that i needed it! i have many, many friend that still run the stock radio without probs. all the revo really needs to be a relyable truck is rpm arms. psg1 posted a vid of his new revo that mostly stock except the a arms. look in the general monster truck forum.
a revo with 1.3 hp can hang with a lst with 2.7 hp, installing a bigger motor makes it unfair to the other trucks!! even if you are running the stock radio!
Old 02-02-2006, 10:30 AM
cennx16

thanks,