Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

New to the Revo and have some questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 02:00 PM
ccs77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the Revo and have some questions

Just ran my second tank through...or actually got 3/4 of the way through it when my on board battery started showing fatigue so I brough it in. It gave me almost a full hour of run time on a little less than 2 tanks ???. I know it sips fuel being a smaller motor than my Savy but man...is it because I am breaking it in and only using 1/4 and 1/2 throttle?

Also I was suprised the battery pack only lasted 2 tanks. Does break in run the on board battery down fast due to constantly varying speed and turning the car around? Or does it take a few charges to reach it's fullest potential?

I also noticed that during the last hafl of my 2nd tank the RPMs stayed up a half second when I let off the throttle. Usually that means a lean condition but I have fattened both needles a tad even from the factory break in settings as my temps where in the 260's and I wanted to cool it down a bit. It's now running at 240 but does has a short hesatation in RPM drop when I let off the gas. Is this something that will chill out once the motor is broke in and tuned properly or leaned out for performance?

Thanks to anyone that could offer some help. If you know of a good Revo forum that has active members willing to help a brutha out let me know.

Hard to tell if I like the truck yet or not, I'm still trying to get through my 2nd tank. Think I'll like this more than my kitted out Savy 25? I bought the Revo for racing...
Old 02-01-2006, 02:10 PM
twgreen3

Default RE: New to the Revo and have some questions

My battery lasted for almost 4 of the 5 break-in tanks. Hopefully it will get better after it is fully charged. Remember if you don't use the supplied charger to charge the 5 cell at no more than 1 amp. I also discharged and recharged mine before I used it for the first time The motor does run really bad during break in and even for the first couple of time you use it. I have now got a half gallon through mine and the 2.5R runs like a champ. I was almost ready to get a new motor but now this one seem pretty good.
Old 02-01-2006, 02:21 PM
ccs77

Hey thanks for the input. I charged the battery with the supplied charger last night. Maybe letting it sit overnight before using was a bad idea?? I figured the motor would settle down after break in, I'll just have to see.

One more question, how on earth do I get the lead off the glow plug to replace it? Just pull? It was pretty darn tight and I didn't want to break anything. I kinda wanted to put in some after run oil before starting for the first time, but I couldn't get the lead off the plug to un screw it. lol

I really like the electric starting system, how easy is that???!!!
Old 02-01-2006, 02:43 PM
CarTireDragbike

ccs77 yes you just pull the wire off. Also my Revo hung at a little higher RPM then fell to normal, I leaned the lsn out about a 1/8 of a turn and all was good. I didn't do it till it was fully broke in. Also my battery did the same as yours, just about a gallon it will last for quite a long time, 6 or 8 tank's I guess. All nimh batteries do that to start. Good luck with the rest of the break in.
Old 02-01-2006, 02:48 PM
ccs77

Thanks man! Hey I see you race drag bikes by the look of your Avitar. I Road Race Motorcycles for CCS...hence the user name CCS77. Keep the rubber side down brutha.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:40 AM
oregonrevoman

my experience right out of box I charged the battery like it said- maybe a couple hours, the next day I went to break it in and the first 2-3 tanks it ran terrible but by end of tank five it was a rocket, my battery went down after about 71/2 tanks, I have bout 12 total tanks now and it is still charged although on last tank my aa batteries went south also during break in mine got to mid 260 with temp gun then settled down you will love the truck all but my last tank has been on asphalt and last night I got my first tank of off road and I know have a whole new respect for the suspension/agility i l love it good luck dude

in addition I keep a set of needle nose pliers to take the glow plug lead off, mine is very tight fit I actually put it back on with them and the pliers work well for when the plug washer stays on the head rather than come off with the plug
Old 02-02-2006, 09:14 AM
ccs77

Thanks, I'm glad to hear mine isn;t the only hot runnig Revo during break in. I had to turn my HSN out to 4 1/2 turns just to get it to cool down a bit.