Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

use it or not?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 11:48 PM
asianplayer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default use it or not?

I just ordered a revo and i have a glow ignitor from another truck that i had. should i use the glow ignitor or use the on-board one the revo has? I dont mind carrying it around but just wondering if it was nessasary. Also what are the weak spots on a revo(arms, bulkheads, ect) because id rather have parts ready then stop and waste time at my lhs instead of bashing.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:06 AM
ProfitOfDoom

Default RE: use it or not?

I dont ahve a revo,But had the EZ start system on the maxx,It was ok,but I prefered my own glow plug igniter,seemed to work better.
The ez start was cool,came in handy during break in,,but after awile I burnt out my motor to start,got a new one,,then later gears were slipping,it just turned into a pain.This was long ago when maxx first came out,so it might have gotten better,but after that I just felt to much could go wrong plus I hated carrying around the starter battery,and having to worry about that being dead.
I put on a pull start and never looked back..but this is just my opinion
Old 02-02-2006, 02:10 AM
CarTireDragbike

I use the Ez Start on my revo all the time. I have not any problem with it on either the Jato or Revo. They both have just over a gallon gone now. Just make sure that you don't run the motor more than 10 second's at a time. It heat's the little ele. motor and put's a lot of strain on the OWB. I have not broke any thing on the Revo yet. If you get new arm's get the RPM's They are gauranteed not to break. The head gaurd that comes from Traxxas fall's off. Get the RPM one. I also have the alum. tube toe link's. P2 rocker's, with stiffer spring's. Try to move the stock one's from the back (Green) to front and get Gold's or Tan's for the rear. I have 45 wt in the front and 50 wt in the rear. 30k diff fluid fr/rr. Hope this help's.

CTDB
Old 02-02-2006, 08:07 AM
Airpressure

If your the man that wants to go the easy way out the EZ-start is for you. I need to start using a glow plug ignitor because the glow along with the starting motor, drains all of the power out of the starting battery in no time.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:35 AM
jjklongisland

I only use my Glow-plug heater when I first get it started for the day. Whats its been running I connect the wire and just use the E-Z start. In a diesel motor you turn the key for a few seconds to warm the glow plug prior to starting it. WIth the E-Z start it only heats up the glow plug when the button is pressed so the first time you start it (especially in the cold) I feel using the seperate heater makes the process easier...
Old 02-02-2006, 09:58 AM
beelzebubishere
My Feedback: (1)

Glow ignitor= QUICK starts !