Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Was I Bashing To Hard!?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 08:18 PM
hayaboosta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Was I Bashing To Hard!?

Well, last friday i got my truck so i got it all ready to run, batteries, tires glued yada yada ... well saturday morning i took it to my old Highschool to break it in (parking lot holds about 6-700 cars) so in the afternoon when it warms up i start tuning and get it all running good .. well i was bored so i started jumping and broke both front bulkheads, 2 rear shocks (top plastic piece broke off where it mounts) and i broke the front skid plate .. are these common to break or was i just being to tough on it? also what are some other common things to break? this way i can order them and replace them while i have it all apart .. thanks for the help guys ..

-Craig
Old 02-01-2006, 08:22 PM
hayaboosta

Default RE: Was I Bashing To Hard!?

also another thing .. what company do you guys recomind for best quality of aluminum products ... i was on towerhobbies and i noticed that there are some companies out there that charge like twice what others charge ... for example HardCore Racing charges $79.99 for their bulkhead versus Powerline who charges 33.99 for theirs ...
Old 02-01-2006, 08:42 PM
lanerbrainer205

ok first off what truck are u talkin bout
Old 02-01-2006, 08:43 PM
TGreg24

idk about your first post but when buying aluminum ALWAYS buy the most expensive you can afford. there is different quility

ps. hardcore is titanium. grade a+ stuff right thurr
Old 02-01-2006, 08:44 PM
TGreg24

lol judging by the discription i would say the tmaxx.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:26 AM
hayaboosta

haha my bad .. good call team zero .. you win, it is the T-maxx ... what shocks should i get? right now im looking at the Hot Bodies aluminum shocks ... wasnt sure how well the "piggyback" actually works on such a small setup so i decided against those ... also what weight fluid should i get? 30 or 40?
Old 02-02-2006, 03:52 PM
nitroracer20

get the big bores or the powerstrokes. Great shocks with no leaking. Just get the aluminum bulkheads. You want to strengthen the core that way it wont break b/c its a pain to replace and takes a long time to do so. Stick with plastic everything else. Good brands are hardcore racing, fast lane machine, ue and dace
Later
Old 02-02-2006, 09:37 PM
93b18civic

please lets not forget about rpm parts. get all the rpm parts you can cause they are indestructible. never broken a rpm part. and they are not really expensive at all either
Old 02-02-2006, 10:05 PM
FANTOM27REVO
My Feedback: (1)

can you actually bash too hard ? maybe, but the degree of harshness you shell out to your truck is relative to how much money you want to spend. lol
Old 02-03-2006, 07:48 PM
freez

if you are a basher you may want to think twice about alloy , it costs twice as much as plastic and when it bends or breaks , there's 30 bucks out the window , plastic , for 30 bucks you could have 5 of those parts in stock , think a little before you go crazy with alloy , trust me on this one
Old 02-03-2006, 07:54 PM
FANTOM27REVO
My Feedback: (1)

if you wanna be the kool kid on the block go buy some flextek titanium A-arms. If they bend they will return to thier original shape.