Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

.18 TM/EB Modified vs RB TM323/TM523 vs Trinity .20 Plus Revo Drake engine for Revo

Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

.18 TM/EB Modified vs RB TM323/TM523 vs Trinity .20 Plus Revo Drake engine for Revo

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 11:42 PM
lexus4spl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .18 TM/EB Modified vs RB TM323/TM523 vs Trinity .20 Plus Revo Drake engine for Revo

Hello All,

I would just like take the time to say hello to all. I have been reading up on this board for about a month now, ever since I bought my Revo in mid Jan. And its been really cool reading up on peoples reviews products, tip&tricks. It really save us all money in the long run. I wish they had these types forums back when I use to be in RC's in 88-91. This is the first experience with Nitro cars, so.. If I ask newbie question from this day on please bare with me, I was in the electrics buggies back in the day. I enjoy my revo and am very glad I took the time to research the revo vs Savage debate (no bash intended on the savage). I feel I made a great choice of purchasing a Revo as my intro back into RC'n. I forgot how much fun they are!!, especially now that I grown up and I can actually afford to buy all the aftermarket. Geez it sucked back in the days saving my allowance money and b-day money to buy parts. anyways rambling on.. But knowing me I will need to upgrade my motor soon.. Just greedy for more power..

Anyways here is my Question. What engine do you think is the best engine for the Revo? I plan on mostly just bashing around with 2 other friends with Revos,and probably make to the track once in awhile. I have been reading allot of comments form owners and got this general impression.

OS .18 TM - $220 - $235 ** people say its great, but I just don't want to buy it and have doubts later on about not having enough power
Pros - Perfect small block for the revo to race, easy to tune, direct drop in works with EZ start
Cons - some have stated power gain over 2.5 is not worth 220 rice tag. Other say you need to a aftermarket tuned pipe to really make the TM go

What do you guys think about the polished/balanced/blueprinted OS .18TM EB? Anyone with experience on this motors? Is it worth the extra price?
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLNG0&P=Z

RB TM323 - $255 - $265
Pros - Mid-block, way more of low end torque that .18 TM. direct drop in works with EZ start. easy to tune, comes with header and tunned pip
Cons - too much low end torque make car almost uncontrollable, too easy to flip the truck, and strips gears, Gas hog

I was thinking of wait on the RB TM 523? It has 7 ports,and I read from someone in this forum that it will be made for more top end. Which would make it perfect for what I intend to do. I have emailed RB Concepts for details, but they didn't respond back. Any comments about this engine? http://www.sigmatrading.com/RBConcept/index.htm

Trinity .20 Plus Revo Regular Edition $200 or $250 Drake Edition.
Dont really know much about this engine just saw it in tower. What do you guys think? Is it a direct drop in to the revo? Trinity make kick azz Electric motors., how good are their Nitro engines?

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLGK9&P=Z
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLGL0&P=Z
Old 02-03-2006, 12:22 AM
8ball420

Default RE: .18 TM/EB Modified vs RB TM323/TM523 vs Trinity .20 Plus Revo Drake engine for Revo

i'm waiting on the tm523, one more moth baby. Since your gonna mostly bash and race once in awhile go with th rb tm523.
Old 02-03-2006, 12:27 AM
oc off road

Default RE: .18 TM/EB Modified vs RB TM323/TM523 vs Trinity .20 Plus Revo Drake engine for Revo

E.B. Modded engines are usually crazy! I never have seen anyone displeased with one.
Old 02-03-2006, 08:15 AM
boogerdan

Before you get a mod motor, you should consider your tuning skills. The low end on most mods can give you a headache. Just giving a little caution.

This would be my suggestion. Buy the TM, I have own two of them and they are extremely fast and been reliable especially with tuning. What I did with my first TM is after about 4 gallons I had it modded. This way if I did not like it I have already gotten my money out of the motor. By the way I loved the mod, low end power out of this world, but I have to spend more time tuning. This is the trade off.

With my other TM I put a THS pipe on it and this has added low end power on the stock TM.

Just my two cents.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:14 AM
FANTOM27REVO
My Feedback: (1)

my buddy bought a Sportweks Mayhem buggy. It has the 26 engine it it. He raves and raves about that engine for being really great all around. power, and tunability. Plus it comes with carb restrictors for power limiting. For a little over 100 bucks its worth a shot. Worst case you can sell it on ebay if you dont like it. However you will have to get a big block conversion kit which is another 45 bucks, so that adds a bit to the cost. Anyway, whats the price on that RD 523 anyway.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:46 AM
8ball420

It's going to be around 280-300$. Most likely it will come with an Engine mount and a tuned pipe.
Old 02-03-2006, 12:00 PM
FANTOM27REVO
My Feedback: (1)

damn, Im gonna have to sell my nitro 4-tec just to fund that baby. I could actually stand to get rid of alot of stuff, but " He who dies with the most toys, WINS !! "