Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Back left wheel stops...?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 08:52 PM
Slimz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back left wheel stops...?

I just got a revo, and broke it in the way they suggest, then... Went out to a school and let loose a little in a dirt parking lot.

Well, for some reason, the back left wheel at times stops moving, and only the right one will move when I'm on the gas. What could possible be the cause of this? It's happend 3 or 4 times now.

-- joe
Old 10-07-2006, 09:10 PM
ScRacing

Default RE: Back left wheel stops...?

stripped diff, broken axel, or it could be trying to shift into reverse. pick up the back of hte revo and turn the wheels in opiset directions, htey should be smoth and you shouldn't hear any noise what. Check that first and tell use what happened and we'll help you from there.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:39 PM
Slimz

ok, I brought the truck in and played around with the rear drivetrain, and everything seems to be working correctly. the wheels do spin opposite and are very smooth when your spinning them. No hiccups.

As for the shifting in reverse, woudlen't that make both wheels stop? One goes when I'm on the gas, one doesn't. I pick the truck up, spin the wheel and it comes loose. It could have also just been rocks in the tires or somthing of the sort, the dirt we were running in was D1 gravel.

ALso, do people lock-tight the lug nuts? Mine were loose 20 mins into the trucks first all out hard run.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:49 PM
mrjerryk

Take your diff apart and look at it. If possible post some pics of it. Sound like the gears are binding together in the diff. And yes you should have your lugs on tight. If they are spinning free then get some new ones for you local hobby shop.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:54 PM
89ram

i've heard of loc-tite wheel nuts. have'nt done it myself, but, maybe i should. for your one wheel prob, are you sure you're not getting a rock thrown into the inside of the wheel to catch on the hub/suspension? that locks up the wheel big-time. i've had this happen quite a few times when there's loose stuff lying around.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:09 PM
Slimz

I went ahead and used the blue lock-tight on my lugs. It's doesn't create a bond like the red. The blue ends up just being sticky, but it works like a charm.

No, I'm not sure there wasen't rocks getting in there and stopping the wheel, but I have the feeling thats what it was. I had planned on taking the diff apart before I run the truck again, but it's only happened when we were running in the gravel. I ran it twice tonight since starting this thread, and haven't had the problem. I've been just runnin in my grass and on the street.

I still plan on taking apart the diff, and I will get pictures of it.

How often do you use after run oil?
Old 10-07-2006, 11:14 PM
ScRacing

USe after run oil if you are going to let the truck sit for 1 houre after use.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:17 PM
mrjerryk

Everytime I am done for the day. Nitro fuel loves to suck the moisture out of the air and then that causes rust in the engine. If you don't have any after run oil use WD-40. It is cheaper and it gets the job done. If you are going to leave it sit for long periods of time. Like a month or longer use after run oil and lots of it. I do that to my T-MAXX during the winters. It hasn't been waterproofed.