Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

REVO or T-MAXX?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 10:08 PM
homeroFREAKINBRASILIAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REVO or T-MAXX?

sup guys...im new to this..well not very new ive been playn with these things for a lil while..but i dont own one i just use other peoples..i was wondering wich is better a revo 3.3 or a T-maxx 3.3....i wanna finally get one and i dont kno wich to get........the t-maxx's chassis looks pretty weak...but i dont like the suspension on the revo...so can anyone help me decide between a REVO 3.3 or a T-MAXX 3.3.........................thnxx a lot guys..this is like the best forum ive been in its very helpfull..thnxx hit me back.....
Old 10-07-2006, 10:54 PM
mrjerryk

Default RE: REVO or T-MAXX?

Get the REVO. You won't be sorry. I have the 2.5 and I am about to get the 3.3. I also have a T-MAXX and can't really stand it any more. Don't really get me wrong it's a good truck but the REVO's are much better. The suspension on the REVO is great. I have never broke anything on the suspension yet and it's all stock. The T-MAXX on the other hand I have broken more shocks and what not to than I can count. On the other hand if you get a T-MAXX then you can easily upgrade to a bigger motor. It's kinda of a pain to put a big block in a REVO. But if you are just going to bash you don't really need one.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:17 AM
homeroFREAKINBRASILIAN

thnxx dats a big help..yea the revo looks like a lot of fun..and yea i just want one for like back yard bashing..so yea ima go with the revo...BUT PEOPLE KEEP THE OPINIONS COMING!thnxxx...latta....
Old 10-08-2006, 08:21 PM
les_222

I have both the Revo and the T-maxx.

I never thought i would ever get a revo, but i did about 2 months ago.

Now i don't even touch the T-maxx anymore.

The Revo handles like a Cat and the T-maxx handles like a Turtle even though i put a Fort Know into it.

The Revo suspesion is great and is very tough.

A big block can go into a Revo no problem either. Don't get the traxxas big block kit though. It sucks.

The Revo can be tuned for any terrian situation unlike the T-maxx.

The T-maxx makes a great true MONSTER TRUCK IE: 4 wheel steering, big tires.

Put skies and paddle tires on for the winter and you got a fun filled snow machine.

Old 10-08-2006, 08:48 PM
Harvick

The Maxx is a good basher, the revo is too but more suited for racing. Either one will not be very reliable until you put some $$$ into hop up parts. But hey, thats part of the hobby and any brand truck you buy will need something. The revo is probably the better truck, but there is nothing wrong with a maxx. Time tested and proven, and easily upgraded, and it is still a fun truck.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:52 PM
mrjerryk

ORIGINAL: les_222

I have both the Revo and the T-maxx.

I never thought i would ever get a revo, but i did about 2 months ago.

Now i don't even touch the T-maxx anymore.

The Revo handles like a Cat and the T-maxx handles like a Turtle even though i put a Fort Know into it.

The Revo suspesion is great and is very tough.

A big block can go into a Revo no problem either. Don't get the traxxas big block kit though. It sucks.

The Revo can be tuned for any terrian situation unlike the T-maxx.

The T-maxx makes a great true MONSTER TRUCK IE: 4 wheel steering, big tires.

Put skies and paddle tires on for the winter and you got a fun filled snow machine.

That's what I am doing this winter!!! I am thinking about getting extensions for the rear so I have 4 wheels in the back. Should look really sweet on the REVO. By 4 wheels I am talking Dualies. I have seen them somethere but I can't find where. If anyone knows where they are please post a link
Old 10-08-2006, 09:29 PM
homeroFREAKINBRASILIAN

so yea the revo seems like my kinda truck.its fast.durable and real kool.so thnxx
Old 10-09-2006, 08:52 AM
stovepipe

The T-maxx is a good truck. But if you get on, make sure you get the stabilizer kit for it as you will be walking an awful lot to turn in back on it's wheels
Old 10-09-2006, 04:32 PM
Harvick

ORIGINAL: stovepipe

The T-maxx is a good truck. But if you get on, make sure you get the stabilizer kit for it as you will be walking an awful lot to turn in back on it's wheels
What stabilizer kit??? Got a link I could look at??
Old 10-20-2006, 08:00 AM
stovepipe

Go to e-bay,do a search for t-maxx stabalizer kit. They're cheap,
Old 10-20-2006, 08:41 AM
T I G

Dont get me wrong, the T-Maxx is a great truck with tons of hop-ups. I had one. The Revos suspension is the most advanced suspension ever designed for a MT. Its by far the better choice, with just as many hop-ups and BB options. Yup, I have a Revo now .

Good Luck
Old 10-20-2006, 06:18 PM
BigMatt

i would say get the revo. if not, a redcat
Old 10-20-2006, 11:30 PM
ScRacing

ever drive a really old ford going 70 mph down the high way? Then jump in like a honda civic, neon, mistique or any other tiny car like those and do the same thing. Thats the diference in handeling and for the record, the revo is the only true mt in the wrold that will hang with a truggie.
Old 10-21-2006, 09:16 AM
gkcontra

Stabilizer or not, you've got to learn to drive and how to setup a suspension and you don't have to worry about that. I have a 9 yr old that can run my racing MAXX around and not flip it, at least not until he hits a bad jump.
Old 10-22-2006, 12:01 AM
sofaking_nutz

In response to TIG....you may not have to upgrade either...it all depends on what u are planning on doing...bashing or racing. Both are bashers without a doubt. But if you plan on the racing scene in the future...Revo is the way to go. I have had a t-maxx and have revo's. A stock revo CAN and DOES win races with none other than tire upgrades and a few simple steering mods. THe revo is very reliable and the suspension is the best out there. There are a ton of different choices.....p1's...p2's....p3's....long travel rockers and 6 different spring setups. I have seen stock revo's win time and time again....it alll depends on the driver. If u are new to r/c I would focus on learning to drive the truck before I worried about upgrading to more power...etc! As u break stuff(trust me u will) then is the time to upgrade.