Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

t-maxx wont start

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 06:05 PM
Pack of Q Tips

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default t-maxx wont start

okay so i have an tmaxx 2.5 that i havent used in a couple years well i went to use it but the engine will only crank over a few times very slowly then the power light on the starter box goes off if i unplug it and try again i get the same thing
where should i start? new battery for the starter box? is the engine toast? maybe the box is no good? any ideas before i tear this thing apart?
Old 10-08-2006, 06:14 PM
gusthepickle

Default RE: t-maxx wont start

try unscrewing the glow plug, and then use the start thing, if it turns fast, flip the truck over and pump it for about 10 seconds. screw the glow plug in and try that. If its slow, your engine got gummed up and youll need another. If its fast and when you screw the glow plug on, and still moves slow youll need to charge the battery up
Old 10-08-2006, 06:16 PM
racintang

Take the glow plug out and so how the piston looks (color) if it looks rusty than thats your problem if not get a few drops of engine oil in there change the batteries and make sure it's not flooded. Also, a slow turning engine could be the result of a poor ground on the motor so check for any type of corosion. Take the glow plug out and turn it over to see if it goes faster because you could have a weak battery.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:01 PM
MaxxRT

One more thing to add to these replies is to take the carb off and clean it up. There might be some gummed up fuel clogging up the needles.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:33 PM
Pack of Q Tips

thanks guys its cranking much faster now i poured a little gas in the glow plug hole and cranked it till it started cranking at a somewhat normal speed im gonna bring some tools home from work tomorrow and take apart the carb and clean it
Old 10-09-2006, 08:26 AM
stovepipe

If you ever get a gummed up engine, pour some denatured alcahol liberally over under around an through the whole engine and it will be like new again.