Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

installed rpm a-arms.. turnbuckles not long enough???

Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

installed rpm a-arms.. turnbuckles not long enough???

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 11:19 PM
emaxximus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installed rpm a-arms.. turnbuckles not long enough???

i just finished installing a new set of rpm a arms on my emaxx this evening.. after buttoning everything up i realized that these a arms are slightly longer than stock, so to compensate i began turning the rod ends and turnbuckles out till the front wheels were properly aligned.. the problem i ran into is that now i had to back it out so far that theres only 2-3 threads holding the turnbuckles to the rod ends and steering linkage ends...

first time i took it out for a test run i hit the right front wheel decently hard on a log laying in my back yard, sure enough the rod end pulled out and the wheel swung around freely with no steering..

so how do i fix this problem? do they make longer turnbuckles? longer rod ends maybe?? im at a loss here, when i thread them in enough to feel secure the alignment is badly off.. thanks for any help!!!

~Paul
Old 10-09-2006, 12:11 PM
Uglysteve

Default RE: installed rpm a-arms.. turnbuckles not long enough???

What kind of truck is this?
Old 10-09-2006, 01:24 PM
emaxximus

these were the RPM widemaxx a-arms installed on an emaxx.. thanks for any help, im kinda stumped here because i havent heard of anyone else having this problem??

~Paul
Old 10-09-2006, 03:47 PM
GordonJFan24

Here is the link to the longer turnbuckles that you need.

Front: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXDDW0&P=ML

Rear: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXDDY3&P=ML

Chances are you have a first generation T-maxx and they arnt as wide as the 2.5, thats why its called WideMaxx.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:48 PM
emaxximus

these will fit an emaxx as well? thanks a bunch!!

~Paul
Old 10-09-2006, 08:06 PM
rcdude37

are you guys sleeping or what... it said in the first line its an emaxx... hah just givin you guys crap dont take it personal...

yes them will fit the emaxx... you might just want to try and turning your turnbuckles out some... they may work just fine... and make sure they are on the bottom(i think its the bottom) of the carrier, i know this will also have an effect on the lenth when suspention is compressed...