Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

no hobbie shop

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 05:53 PM
grenade6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no hobbie shop

hey guys i have had my revo 3.3 for about 2 or 3 weeks now and i have already broken several parts and my local hobbie shop doesnt stock any nitro car parts, so i wanna upgrade and buy a bunch of spare parts so no mager parts brake and all the miner ones i would like back ups. i plan on racing but till i get good at driving im just bashing and im very hard on my stuff so i need strong parts. it normal takes from 1 week to one month to get parts (i live in canada customes held my truck for 1 month before they sent it to me)

this is what i have done to my revo so far (my first nitro truck btw)

Golden Horizons blue anodized aluminum front shock rod ends

Golden Horizons blue anodized aluminum rear shock rod ends

Motor Saver air filter

Traxxas red aluminum performance racing pushrods - Front

Traxxas red aluminum performance racing pushrods - Rear

Traxxas red aluminum performance racing turnbuckles - Rear

RD Logics Aluminum Wheel Hex Adapters - anodized silver

Team Trinity Performance Hi-Flo Tuned Pipe and header

RPM Front Bumper - Chrome

RPM Rear Bumper - Chrome

Traxxas On-Board Engine Temperature Monitor

DuBro Body Klip Retainers

Dynamite Big Daddy Fuel Filter

rd logics a arms full set

GTR Shocks Titanium Nitrade Shafts

broken parts

exaust gasket for trinity pipe

push rod end and trunbuckle rod end

parts i was planing on stocking and upgrading (if there are some that should be upgraded before there plz tell me and i will do so)

Traxxas red aluminum performance racing turnbuckles - front

Traxxas Rod Ends w/Hollow Balls Large Revo 5347

Traxxas Rod Ends For Toe Link Revo5348

Wildcat Extreme Cleaner R/C Spray Quart (no idea if this is a good cleaner was gona give it a try )

Traxxas Center Differential Kit Revo

Traxxas Adjustable Rear Brake Kit Revo

RPM Axle Carriers & Oversized Bearings Blue Revo

Integy 25lb Spring Blue red and yellow

Motor Saver Pre-Filter Oil 1oz

Trinity 60 Weight 100% pure Silicone Shock Oil

Hi-Tensile Hex screw kit from JE Spares

and i would also like to get a starter box that well be able to start a NOVAROSSI 528xr ( next years engine )
i hear that a two motor started box with a 12v batterie is the best but no idea what ones work on the revo.

thnx so much for your time and sorry about making you guys read a book lol
Old 10-09-2006, 07:12 PM
rawkfist2

Default RE: no hobbie shop

just order off towerhobbies.com
Old 10-09-2006, 09:06 PM
weez440

ebay is my best friend.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:42 PM
mrjerryk

I think he's asking what should he stock up on because it takes to long to get parts when he has to order them offline.

You look like you have covered all the basics already. I know it's going to hurt the wallet if you really wreck with all the alum parts on your truck.

Post some pics!!!
Old 10-14-2006, 02:53 PM
grenade6

so i guess thats all im gona need? im willing so get more stuff if it save me down time. so if you think i should upgrades gears or suspention or something els more plz post. i plan on geting the NOVAROSSI N528XR or the ninja .28 when it comes out so i will be upgrading allot of parts.

thnx for your time
Old 10-14-2006, 04:55 PM
les_222

RPM A-arms, Hardcore racing Titanium skids does a wonder for protecting the bottom.
Old 10-14-2006, 06:14 PM
mrjerryk

ORIGINAL: les_222

RPM A-arms, Hardcore racing Titanium skids does a wonder for protecting the bottom.

+1

If it takes awhile to get parts I would get a second set of some of the more common parts in your truck. If your A arms break and you have the stock ones to go back to until you can get a replacement.

This would be in my garage if I had to wait as long as you for extra parts.

1. Extra tranny or at least some gears to rebuild.
2. Extra set of wheels.
3. Extra front and bulkheads. (with all the metal in the suspension this will be the first things to go after a hard landing).
4. A few extra spur gears.
5. Air Filters
6. Exhaust header (I have two on hand because this is a weak point on the REVO.)
7. At least one axle carrier.
8. Fuel tank rebuild kit. The seal will start to leak in the tank lid. $5.00 USD from Traxxas

If you haven't upgraded your servos to better ones you might want that on your list as well. The stock one are decent but it's better to use something like hitec (can't think of the model number off hand. Look at some other post to get it)

I know this list is long but as you said it takes awhile to get parts in for you. These are just some parts that I have bought in the past. If you are plannig on racing then I would lose all the metal and start getting some RPM parts like a arms. Also if get a bigger motor. I still run the 2.5r on my REVO but everything is plastic. You can also get some of these pretty cheap on ebay. I bought a whole tank for $4.00 on ebay with $2.50 shipping one time. Most of the parts from the 2.5r are the same on the 3.3 so don't let someone get you by saying it's for the 3.3 only.