Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

exhaust gaskets for my 18TM + Trinity pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 10:58 PM
PillowPants

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust gaskets for my 18TM + Trinity pipe?

alright soo i've been through 3 silicone rear exhaust gaskets in about 3/4ths of a gallons' worth of fuel with my trinity pipe & OS.18TM.. Nothing seems to fit it right! They all tear or break within minutes of normal running![:@] What size/brand/(part number) are you guys using that you've found to work really well, or any other remedies? Thanks..
Old 10-09-2006, 11:21 PM
bennyblanco

Default RE: exhaust gaskets for my 18TM + Trinity pipe?

it has to be a small block gasket!!
Old 10-09-2006, 11:27 PM
PillowPants

i know.. I've even used ones all the way down to .12's & the one it frickin came with!
Old 10-09-2006, 11:29 PM
alvinl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The last couple I got are made by RB Concepts. They work pretty good and hold up better than the one that came with the OS motor. But I still rip a gaskets from bad landings where the header moves too much. Try replacing the header spring and see if that helps. Or add a second header spring. Mine was pretty stretched out after taking it off a couple times and a new spring made a big difference. But I try to always have a spare gasket handy.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:30 PM
bennyblanco

i had one laying around i dont know what brand it is but its black in color i think it might be one of my sts .28 engine its the only engine i have that has a black gasket but the thing is i put that gasket in my friends tm and it works fine nice and tight!!