Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Considering an E-MAXX

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 08:17 PM
mulletman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Considering an E-MAXX

Can you guys tell me: 1. All you need to run the emxx is some AA batties a charger and a battery?
2. Is there any main weak points I soould know of?
Old 10-10-2006, 08:46 PM
BRUSHLESS BASHER

Default RE: Considering an E-MAXX

you will need two batteries, a charger, and 8 AA batteries for the transmitter. I had one but sold it to help pay for my revo 3.3, some weak points on the emaxx are that the shock shafts bend somewhat easily, the suspension arms break easily annd the bulkheads break where they connect to the chassis, and the screws that come stock also tend to bend. all of this is caused by medium to high speed crashes or bad jump landings. but other than that it is a very reliable truck.

Hope this helps
Old 10-10-2006, 08:52 PM
les_222

The E-maxx is a great electric monster truck.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:20 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

ORIGINAL: BRUSHLESS BASHER

you will need two batteries, a charger, and 8 AA batteries for the transmitter. I had one but sold it to help pay for my revo 3.3, some weak points on the emaxx are that the shock shafts bend somewhat easily, the suspension arms break easily annd the bulkheads break where they connect to the chassis, and the screws that come stock also tend to bend. all of this is caused by medium to high speed crashes or bad jump landings. but other than that it is a very reliable truck.

Hope this helps
Wow, perfect response. Only thing I could add is to get good quality batts.
Old 10-11-2006, 09:16 AM
mulletman

Duyna-Sport 1500 6-Cell for the battery and a Vision Peak 2 AC/DC Peak Charger. Do you guy recommend different or not?(new to electric, have been planing to sell my nitro for a while)

Thanks
Old 10-11-2006, 10:25 AM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Some good 3300 + batts should be used with the e-maxx. It will make quick work of those 15oo's and ruin them.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:34 PM
mulletman

what battery do you recomend then? Is the choice of charger sound good, or do you have a better charger?

Thanks
Old 10-11-2006, 04:45 PM
mulletman

[link=http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdId=VNR1532]7.2V 3000mAh Ni-MH Battery[/link] Sound good for the batteries?
Old 10-11-2006, 04:56 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

Look into the E-zilla/ E-savage. It comes with the batteries, and charger, and you basically just throw in 8-AA and charge batteries and go.

The weak points on the E-zilla are the hubs, i think this is the part, but other than that, it owns a E-maxx in every way, besides lacking a 2-speed, but it's still faster than the e-maxx [X(]
Old 10-11-2006, 11:13 PM
Infinite Gundam

ORIGINAL: mulletman

[link=http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdId=VNR1532]7.2V 3000mAh Ni-MH Battery[/link] Sound good for the batteries?
GP3300 packs are great, imo at least get these. It's worth investing in quality packs, they perform better and last longer, and will save you more (from replacing smoked cheap packs) in the long run.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:43 AM
mulletman

ORIGINAL: mayhem maniac

Look into the E-zilla/ E-savage. It comes with the batteries, and charger, and you basically just throw in 8-AA and charge batteries and go.

The weak points on the E-zilla are the hubs, i think this is the part, but other than that, it owns a E-maxx in every way, besides lacking a 2-speed, but it's still faster than the e-maxx [X(]
Have had a change of heart looking into the e savage or e zilla. These two trucks are identical, but I think im going for the E savage.