Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

revo or revo 3.3

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 11:33 AM
deathmark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default revo or revo 3.3

hi i just want to know if it's worth me getting the revo or a revo 3.3. is the 3.3 alot bettter than the revo or not ?

i would like to know so please post whatever you think

thank you very much

[
Old 10-11-2006, 01:36 PM
mrjerryk

Default RE: revo or revo 3.3

It depends really. What are you looking for in a truck. I have the 2.5r right now and plan on buying the 3.3 in the next couple of months. The 3.3 has a wider stance to it and it is also longer. Better handling. It also has a newer engine mount. The new tranny on it allows for a center diff and dual brake setup. Altough you lose reverse when you do that. It also comes with the new 3.3 motor.

If you don't care about the center diff and dual brakes you could save your money and get an older 2.5r new or used and buy a bigger motor for it. I personally want the longer wheel base and I HAVE to buy another truck. The wife wants my old REVO "because I told her if I buy her a new one she has to break the motor in" I don't know how true this is but I have heard "Rumors" that the new opti-drive has a failsafe built in. I don't know if that's true or not. I have read that on several forums and somewhere on the Traxxas page. I think I would rather run a 3rd party failsafe myself.

One of the cons and not really a big deal is the shell that is on the 3.3 is longer than the 2.5r therefore it's harder to find bodies that will fit on the truck. I like to keep fresh looking bodies on my trucks.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:55 PM
RvoMad

revo 3.3 is a way to go.....more power....longer chassis
Old 10-11-2006, 04:10 PM
nxk2000

I wouldn't get to excited over a new motor mount. Mine broke just after break in. I think it was broke or weakened by the misalignment problem right out of the box but couldn't prove it. Each tech that I talked to had a different reason as to why it broke. They all did agree that they didn't want to take responsibility for their crappy parts. If you want anything covered under warranty disassemble the entire truck and inspect it before its used.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:08 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

It's longer, has a more powerful motor, can accept rear brakes without mods, and it has different wheels.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:09 PM
rawkfist2

Revo 3.3!
Old 10-11-2006, 06:51 PM
Uglysteve

3.3 is by far a better choice in my opinion. More power, Wide Ratio Tranny gears, Longer chassis=less wheelies and better control. Cooler rims and more room to work with.