Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

just installed voltwatch meter, is it supposed to be doing this?

Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

just installed voltwatch meter, is it supposed to be doing this?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 02:58 PM
Indecline099

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just installed voltwatch meter, is it supposed to be doing this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku1a0CaltB8

is it supposed to be lighting up all the way like that when i move the wheels and throttle
Old 10-12-2006, 03:23 PM
Yakueb

Default RE: just installed voltwatch meter, is it supposed to be doing this?

Sort of, yes. It appears that your throttle servo is drawing alot of power. It is normal for the voltage to drop when a servo moves, yours just drops a huge amount.

So, in essence, yes, the Voltwatch is functioning normally. You might want to check how well your battery performs though.

What kind(s) of stearing servos are you running? If you have two high powered aftermarket servos, you might consider swapping them out for just one. It seems like that is where most of your power drain is comming from.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:32 PM
Indecline099

ive got one hitech 5997 for steering and stock for throttle, i was just unsure if when you move the wheels and throttle if the lights on the meter were all supposed to light up
Old 10-12-2006, 04:27 PM
Yakueb

Yeah, it's normal for it to do that. When you put a load on the power (turn the servo) the voltage will drop, which is what the voltwatch is indicating. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:53 PM
Indecline099

ive got another quick question, ive got a spektrum throttle servo that i think is toast, i made a little video showing how bad it shutters to the point where i think it was causing my idle problems, i tried putting a stock traxxas servo back in but no matter what i did i couldnt get the throttle to open all the way up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5xhCvBr6q4
Old 10-12-2006, 04:55 PM
les_222

You might have to adj. the linkages.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:01 PM
bennyblanco

is it on a revo? cause i had the same problem and it turn out to be the return spring it had to much tension so i change the spring for the one that the savage uses but you have to do some cutting for it to fit!!
Old 10-12-2006, 06:03 PM
bennyblanco

oh and i upgraded to the ball bearings throttle mixer!!

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLNT3&P=7
Old 10-13-2006, 06:27 AM
maddogtmaxx

Are you using a Spektrum radio? If so you can adjust your transmitter for your servos.
ORIGINAL: Indecline099

ive got another quick question, ive got a spektrum throttle servo that i think is toast, i made a little video showing how bad it shutters to the point where i think it was causing my idle problems, i tried putting a stock traxxas servo back in but no matter what i did i couldnt get the throttle to open all the way up

Old 10-13-2006, 06:44 AM
mrjerryk

ORIGINAL: Indecline099

My stock servo did that on my revo once. Stuck at WOT luckily it was heading toward me and I turned the wheels hard and flipped her over on it roof and stopped the motor before it burned up or I hit a tree. For your other question I have read that if you use high power servos then you really should get a better battery pack. Never had this problem myself. It's just something I read.