Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Tuning Problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 04:54 PM
Nebukatnizar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning Problems

I ran my tmaxx and i wanted to lean the engine a litle bit, casue im still runnin rich from break-in......so i goto tune it and i sloly turn it 1/16 of a turn every 2-3 minutes....and if i notice it stalls, i go back a little, but now, when i fiished my run, i oticed that all my turing just brought meback to wher i started and the needle is turned just as much as when i statted..

Can anyone give some advise..my tmaxx 3.3 that i got still isn't wheelie's ...and its a real bummer....please help!!!

Old 10-12-2006, 07:48 PM
ScRacing

Default RE: Tuning Problems

Its not a real power house, don't worry about it, you may think that its the coolest thing in the wrold, but after teh 3rd or forth time you will find jumping or racing ot be fare more enjoyable.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:56 PM
rawkfist2

The wheelies is from tuning. Just keep playing. You will see when people say the smoke, temp, sound, etc.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:01 PM
SG16

[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXHWJ7&P=ML]here[/link] follow this and you will have your front end pointing up.

SG
Old 10-12-2006, 08:23 PM
DaveG55

If you're trying to get wheelies by tuning the hsn you'll never get it. The wheelies come after you tune the lsn after you tune the hsn.
You need to read this and follow the instructions. You'll be amazed at how well the truck will do.
http://www.traxxas.com/support/index...l&cat=34&id=92
Old 10-12-2006, 08:51 PM
BRUSHLESS BASHER

When properly tuned my revo 3.3 will wheelie all day long. all you have to do istune it and TIGHTEN THE SLIPPER CLUTCH and it WILL wheelie.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:24 PM
Nebukatnizar

..yea sorry, im not a newb..but i doknt know much about how my truck really //works...so whats a slipper clutch..?
Old 10-12-2006, 10:11 PM
Nebukatnizar

correction: how do i tighten the slipper clutch**
Old 10-12-2006, 11:11 PM
les_222

Tightnen that little nut on the end of the spur gear.
Old 10-22-2006, 12:41 AM
sofaking_nutz

Go to page 1 or 2 of this forum...I answered in detail........look fo r slipper clutch. U cant just tighten the little nut. There is WAY more to it than that if u dont want to do internal damage
Old 10-22-2006, 10:58 AM
BRUSHLESS BASHER

Just put the small allen wrench that came with your truck in the little rod about an inch in front of your spur gear / slipper clutch and then tighten the little nut with the wheel wrench that came with the truck. The slipper is behind the spur, it is a little skeleton with three break pad like pads, in front of that is the brake disk like disc. The spur is attached to the skeleton with three small screws, the spur does not need to be taken off to tighten the slipper and you don't need to take off the little nut to replace the slipper. Tighten the nut just past snug and you should be fine. Every thing should be the same because the T-MAXX 3.3 has the same transmission as the REVO 3.3.

hope this helps

edit: you cannot do any internal damageif you only tighten it a little past snug.

hope this helps
Old 10-22-2006, 11:54 AM
sofaking_nutz

I agree about not doing any internal damage a lil past snug....but time and time again I read posts where people are telling others to lock em tight to get wheelies.......not such a good idea if ya know what I mean