Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Ok, bigger problem then spur gear.

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 01:10 PM
Slimz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok, bigger problem then spur gear.

I really have no idea where to go next.

I put a new spur gear in, but that's not the problem. Put the truck on the ground, started it... No go.

It seems like it wants to move, but it just won't.

Where should I go next? I've fixed 2 things, but neither were the problem.

Old 10-14-2006, 01:13 PM
nitroracer82

Default RE: Ok, bigger problem then spur gear.

can we get some background on your ride? Are you just breaking in? Did it cease durring/after a run? What are you driving? Etc...
Old 10-14-2006, 01:19 PM
DaveG55

Yep, sure would help to know what you've got, how & when it malfunctioned and what you've already "fixed".
Old 10-14-2006, 01:21 PM
rawkfist2

Take ur tranny out. U probaly have a gear thats binding.
Old 10-14-2006, 01:50 PM
racintang

When you put the new spur in did you put the new pegs in the spur and tighten it down properly.
Old 10-14-2006, 06:17 PM
mrjerryk

Make sure you gap the spur gear and the clutch right. I burned 2 - 3 out before someone told me how to gap it right.
Old 10-14-2006, 07:38 PM
Slimz

SOrry, I realized after I didn't make this post in my other post.. lol

Anyway, I have a Revo 3.3 and it's been broke in, but I do bash it pretty hard. With that said, I was showin off to my buddy with an Ofna buggy doing curb flips. Did about 4 or 5 of them, it didn't make it around, and landed on the top. Turned it over, it woulden't go anywhere. So, I started lookin around the truck.

It looks liek the meshing on the clutch bell was off, because it rounded/chewed off the top of the gears on the spur. So, I ordered a few of em, put this one on, did the mesh just like Traxxas says to do it from the website, gased 'er up, and same problem. I'm don't think that nut on the slipper clutch it tight enough, because there is still some play in there. So that's my next step tonight...

-- Joe
Old 10-14-2006, 08:07 PM
racintang

Time for a new clutch maybe. I had a similar thing happen come to think of it awhile back. I replaced the clutch shoes and it's been fine ever since. May have broke a shoe.
Old 10-14-2006, 09:19 PM
Slimz

Well, it's one problem after another.

I went to the LHS and picked up a couple new turnbuckles and a new slipper clutch rebuild kit. Got the clutch rebuilt, and noticed somthing kind of wierd. In the Traxxas book it says there is supposed to be 2 opposing cone-like washers, they weren't there when I took the gear/clutch apart the first time. So, I took it all apart again, put everything back together the 2nd time, and coulden't figure out why it woulden't tighten up correctly. Then, went and got the rebuilt kit and the clutch and gear tightend up MUCH better then they were, and the truck ran like it's supposed to.

BUT, I guess somewhere along the line, moving the motor in and out working on this, I broke the solder-joint on the ez-start motor negative wire. So, had to order a new one of those. Sad times!

-- Joe

Thanks for the help BTW!

Old 10-15-2006, 09:25 AM
Uglysteve

ORIGINAL: Slimz

I broke the solder-joint on the ez-start motor negative wire. So, had to order a new one of those. Sad times!

-- Joe

Thanks for the help BTW!

Why not just repair the joint yourself instead of spending money on it? That can easily be soldered back together