Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

Are the Center Diff and Rear Brakes a good upgrade for racing or am I doing something wrong?

Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Are the Center Diff and Rear Brakes a good upgrade for racing or am I doing something wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 06:51 PM
xtreme_ntc3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are the Center Diff and Rear Brakes a good upgrade for racing or am I doing something wrong?

Hi guys!!!! I just started racing at PROFA (Puerto Rico Off-Road Association).. I have a Revo 3.3 and also, I bought the center diff and the rear brakes.. I changed the center diff oil and switched to 500k.. I'm using 50k diff oil in the front diff and 30k in the rear.. But all those changes have not improved the performance of my Revo.. In fact, it slowered it a lot.. It does not have the power out of the corners and top speed like it used to with the stock tranny.. I tried them yesterday for the first time and like I said, it slowered it.. I had to change the center diff for the stock tranny between the first and second qualifier..

The question is this:

Do I have to change the front & rear diff oils and move to higher weights or what?? What is the best setting with those upgrades?? Are the center diff and rear brakes a good upgrade of just a good fake??
Or is it just better to stick with the forward only conversion??

Please, if any of you have any knowledgeabout these setting let me know.. My MAIN purpose with this Revo is racing, so I need to get the most out of it so I can keep up with those with bigger engines like the Savage and the LST2..
Old 10-17-2006, 07:39 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

Default RE: Are the Center Diff and Rear Brakes a good upgrade for racing or am I doing something wrong?

Well maybe you filling the center diff with 500k oil wasn't the right oil. But it make be that your brakes are dragging, since it will not go slower, and the center diff will usually help with acceleration, esp. if you put the right stuff in. So check your brakes for dragging, and if there is none, put 100k oil in center diff
Old 10-17-2006, 09:26 PM
xtreme_ntc3

Default RE: Are the Center Diff and Rear Brakes a good upgrade for racing or am I doing something wrong?

100k is what it comes with and my engine revs too much because 100k is too soft.. I'm running a O.S. .18TZ engine.. That's why everybody is changing the viscosity.. The rear breaks where loose.. I don't know where else to look for.. Thanks for the reply.....
Old 10-17-2006, 09:32 PM
89ram

i'm thinking that maybe i won't install the center diff. i basically just bash. sounds like a pain to tune.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:03 PM
MBX5T Maniac

Bashers don't need the center diff.

If the 100k is too loose, go for 300k.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:21 PM
89ram

i've got a 3.3 chassis w/ a .32 in it that was the planned home for a center diff. i also have a recently aquired 2.5 chassis w/ a xtm 457[.28] would the center diff be any better in the 2.5 truck? i suppose less wheelieing and such.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:24 PM
MBX5T Maniac

Well the center diff will kill off wheelies on both chassis either way. The 2.5 chassis is more nimble, and will do better on tight tracks