Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

chucking

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 02:32 PM
UST_Pyro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default chucking

Friend just bought the traxxases 2.5. There is a isue with chucking when you give it throtle its more than throthle adjustment, sounds like somthing is slipping, just wandering if anyone has experienced the same?
Old 10-22-2006, 08:13 PM
Meziked

Default RE: chucking

slipping? Can you be more specific?

does the engine bog or rev high and then looks like something catches and it takes off?

Might wanna check the slipper.... Mine was way loose from the factory...
Old 10-22-2006, 08:43 PM
rcdude37

tighten the slipper... no more problem...
Old 10-22-2006, 09:18 PM
rawkfist2

Or ditch the 2.5, no more pronlem.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:20 AM
tommythecat
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: rawkfist2

Now that is a helpful reply

Question:
Is it somethingk slipping, or a clunking as it starts moving?

You said "chucking when you give it throttle" and I am not 100% sure what you mean, but would guess you are reffering to the clunky enagement of the drivetrane when you go onto the throttle gradually... If that is what you are referring to, then it is perfectly normal. It is just the forward/reverse pawls engaging in the tranny. It will kind of clunk into gear for you as you start rolling. This seems to be much more noticeable during break-in when you are running rich.

I hope that helps. If not, post back more detail on what is happennning and we can try to help (with suggestions other than changing your engine)
Old 10-23-2006, 10:30 AM
beelzebubishere
My Feedback: (1)

I gotta agree with the retort to rawkie.....

But as to the "chucking" problem.....man that confused me to no end, I reckon if he has a Maxx(who knows), like you say he may be referring to the initial lurches when taking off...
Maybe he'll come back with some more info Tommy....but I think you done nailed it on the head.

ORIGINAL: tommythecat

ORIGINAL: rawkfist2

Now that is a helpful reply

Question:
Is it somethingk slipping, or a clunking as it starts moving?

You said "chucking when you give it throttle" and I am not 100% sure what you mean, but would guess you are reffering to the clunky enagement of the drivetrane when you go onto the throttle gradually... If that is what you are referring to, then it is perfectly normal. It is just the forward/reverse pawls engaging in the tranny. It will kind of clunk into gear for you as you start rolling. This seems to be much more noticeable during break-in when you are running rich.

I hope that helps. If not, post back more detail on what is happennning and we can try to help (with suggestions other than changing your engine)